Measuring your ingredients in cups when you are used to scales.

It's the recipes that have been converted from cups to grand that hey me. 238g of something. Come on. It's only on the last year, yes year, that I can weigh and in 1g options at home. Until then my scales were the very old fashioned type where I could put the weights on one side and what I'm weighing on the other. The option to be anything other than 1/4oz either way didn't exist. My other set of scales were even 'worse' some really old fashioned sweet shop type ones that weighing in anything other than pounds, half pound or quarter pound was impossible. But I could weigh lots of on those fantastic scales when I was able to lift then that is. Sadly we parted company with then and now have digital scales which whilst more useful don't feel like they have the same accuracy! I expect they do but they are bland and boring. They are not a talking point in the kitchen.

Of any use?
Cups to Grams.jpg

1.png

I was brought up with grams (or pounds and ounces of my mum or grandmother were cooking), so I switch quite happily between those two. But cups don't make sense to me. I'm one who will work out what something weighs if it is a cup measure in the recipe and then use grams from then on. but I round it to the nearest sensible 25g mark.

I will always use cups and spoons for measurement spoon is better to measure..First we can add in spoon and by the color change of recipe we will get to know its enough ..If we add in cups it may get excess..

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom