Recipe Meat Loaf or Sloppy Joes

detroitdad

Legendary Member
Local time
5:14 AM
For some reason these are two of my wife's favorite dishes. I get sloppy joes. Meat Loaf? Really?

Anyways, while she is at work tomorrow I thought I would cook one of these two dishes.

Who has some unique twists to either/both of these dishes that I could use for tomorrow.

Thanks in Advance

B

By candlelight with a glass of Italian aged red wine ..

Meat Loaf di Napoli ..

Day old Chapata Italian Rustic Bread.
1/ 4 Cup Whole Milk - Sustainable ..
1 Kilo Best Ground Beef you can afford ..
2 large eggs
salt, freshly ground pepper, Black & Green and Rose ..
Prosscuito ( 12 thin slices )
1 / 2 cup provolone cubed or similar profile Italian cheese
bread crumbs from day old bread
3 hard boiled extra large eggs

Meatloaf is a Sunday afternoon lunch dish due to the fact that is it slightly on the filling side ..

The other, I have ni idea except the name is totally un-appetising ..

Last edited:
@detroitdad
I think of meat loaf as "comfort food". Served with mashed potatoes and peas. With 7 children Mom frequently made meat loaf. She usually made a double batch - one loaf for dinner the other for sandwiches.

Traditional sloppy joes tend not to be good for my tummy anymore, so I found a substitute, Scramburger, which is a "loose meat" type preparation. It doesn't have as much tomato product in it, so doesn't cause heartburn.

I usually sub ground chuck for the tenderloin. You have to drain off excess fat if you do.
Recipe courtesy Aaron McCargo Jr.

Sloppy Joes

I'm liking this - I've heard of them before but never had one. I don't think they have caught on in the UK yet. It shows how old I am that to me a 'sloppy joe' is an oversized sweater! I think that is from the beatnik period. :ohmy:

I'm liking this - I've heard of them before but never had one. I don't think they have caught on in the UK yet. It shows how old I am that to me a 'sloppy joe' is an oversized sweater! I think that is from the beatnik period. :ohmy:

There are many variations. Sloppy Giuseppe would be an Italian version, Sloppy Jose could be Spanish or Mexican.

@detroitdad
I think of meat loaf as "comfort food". Served with mashed potatoes and peas. With 7 children Mom frequently made meat loaf. She usually made a double batch - one loaf for dinner the other for sandwiches.

@ElizabethB

My paternal grandmother ( is 83 ) and her grandparents were from Napoli ( Naples, Campagnia on the west coast of Italy ) and she makes meat loaf however, with a marinara .. I like it cold on a baguette from time to time ..

AAFRANCESCAMEATLOAFSTUFFEDNAPOLISTYLE20180101_162117.jpg

Back
Top Bottom