Meet My Grandsons

detroitdad

Legendary Member
Local time
5:43 AM
They are Devin and Brayden. Devin is the older one. We're lucky enough to keep them one night a week sometimes two nights.

20180206_182509.jpg
20180206_182732.jpg
20180206_184734.jpg
20180206_185349.jpg

Thats my ugly mug in the third picture.

I remember that small kid energy like it was yesterday. Everything they do is entertaining and fun and just so damn cute. Their view of the world is exciting and fresh, which makes you forget about the adult world for a little while.

So...are you grandparents that spoil the kids, or do you actually listen to what the parents want you to do? My father-in-law - I kid you not - couldn't wait until my kids were old enough to eat french fries. I think he tried giving them to my daughter when she was 1 year old. To this day, he and grandma still stop by every week to drop off junk food for my kids.Today, it was Burger King and Oreo cookies.

We've given up arguing with them about trying to maintain healthy diets: they don't care, because bribing the kids (to like them better) works! :laugh: I love both of my in-laws, but this is a case where we agree to disagree. So, we make sure that our kids eat healthy the rest of the time, and we look at the mid-week junk food delivery as a fun break.

I have 2 grandsons ( I have 2 twin sons aged 28 and each one has a son ) and they are aged 6 and 7 now ..

They all live up on the northern Costa Brava in Cadaquès, Gerona. I see them once or twice a month and of course during holidays as my parents and grand parents and in laws are all in Cadaquès ..

I have 2 grandsons ( I have 2 twin sons aged 28 and each one has a son ) and they are aged 6 and 7 now ..

They all live up on the northern Costa Brava in Cadaquès, Gerona. I see them once or twice a month and of course during holidays as my parents and grand parents and in laws are all in Cadaquès ..

I'm looking forward to that age when I can take them to ball games, fishing, hiking. Teach them how to shuffle poker chips (yes, probably a statement for one lol).

I remember that small kid energy like it was yesterday. Everything they do is entertaining and fun and just so damn cute. Their view of the world is exciting and fresh, which makes you forget about the adult world for a little while.

So...are you grandparents that spoil the kids, or do you actually listen to what the parents want you to do? My father-in-law - I kid you not - couldn't wait until my kids were old enough to eat french fries. I think he tried giving them to my daughter when she was 1 year old. To this day, he and grandma still stop by every week to drop off junk food for my kids.Today, it was Burger King and Oreo cookies.

We've given up arguing with them about trying to maintain healthy diets: they don't care, because bribing the kids (to like them better) works! :laugh: I love both of my in-laws, but this is a case where we agree to disagree. So, we make sure that our kids eat healthy the rest of the time, and we look at the mid-week junk food delivery as a fun break.

It is the grandparents job to spoil the little ones :wink:

Back
Top Bottom