Messy food prep gadgets

I gave my juice maker to the charity shop - purely because of the ridiculous amount of time and effort required to clean it.

I often put my chopping board next to the sink to make it easier to sweep the mess into the sink. Like breadcrumbs or the starch from peeling potatoes.
Other times I'll take my washing up bowl over to the worktop and sweep the worst of the mess into it, which can then be put in the bin or rinsed away. Like the mess from pastry making or peeling oranges.

'Im thinking of my vitamix mostly...i am sure it isn't suppose to be messy but its messy.
My vitamix had a cleaning program which makes it really easy to clean ,but even when I didn't have one ,we would just add water and a touch of washing up liquid to any liquiiser and run it for a few moments to clean the blades and hard to reach areas of the jug. It made it much easier .
Garlic press.
My garlic press (the same one as @morning glory) is a doddle to clean. The pressing head swings out and you just run the back of a knife blade over it to remove any garlic or ginger in it in one easy movement .

I gave my juice maker to the charity shop - purely because of the ridiculous amount of time and effort required to clean it.
Agreed, I never used the juice part of my food processor because of the mess it made . Even back then, it struck me as wasteful (more than 2 decades ago) making juices, so I stopped as soon as I had started really . As for cleaning up after making a juice. Yuck. Once was more than enough.

Hence why I bought the little chopper. It's good for small pesky little chopping jobs. I don't have to drag out the big heavy Cuisinart for the small stuff. When I'm done, I just take the chopper apart & blast the residue off with hot water!

No food left on to harden & no danger of being cut!! :wink:

WOW!!

That's really a vintage one!!

it had the spigot, plastic top and the wooden tamper. Plus, it had a metal pitcher. :wink:

Last edited:
Yep, it was my mother's older friends even older husbands. The friend gave it to mom when her hubby died cause she didn't use it. And then it came to me.

It got passed down to you. What a wonderful thing to have something that was a part of history in the fam!!! :wink:

Back
Top Bottom