Methods for tenderising meat

Yes. I own one of those. I also own a mallet. I have been known to marinade but @buckytom I have never used sugar in a marinade.
Oh I'd be interested to know what your experience of using it is, e.g. do you combine it with a marinade, what kind of meat and cut have you tried it on and how does it compare to not using this gadget? (I am finding it difficult to find it in UK in shops, i.e. not online).

Oh I'd be interested to know what your experience of using it is, e.g. do you combine it with a marinade, what kind of meat and cut have you tried it on and how does it compare to not using this gadget? (I am finding it difficult to find it in UK in shops, i.e. not online).
Personally, I find this
https://www.amazon.com/Guy-Fieri-Crest-Tenderizer-Black/dp/B00ZTYP6HE
works much better than the jaccard.
It doesn't have to be that one, just one with a similar head. I found that one at an outlet store cheap to replace my old no name one that broke from old age.

I have a wooden one of those. It flattens out the meat though and doesn't allow for penetration of a marinade the same way.
Little hint if it has a big pointy side and a small pointy side.
Pound on one side of the meat with the big side, turn over and repeat. Then beat it on both sides with the little points.

Back
Top Bottom