Review Mini Guide to Oils & Vinegars - Time, Inc.

Tell me more about the cheese making please. Pretty please?

It's stunningly easy. I make it for the chooks every week. Shop bough is bad for them because of the salt content. So they get homemade.

3L of full cream milk heated to just under boiling point (roughly - its meant to be 80C if you have a thermometer). Then add just under 1/2 cup of vinegar. I use clear vinegar for the chooks. Stir (off the heat now) and then leave to stand for a few minutes. Strain through a clean T-towel or cheesecloth and you have cheese. Press the whey out for a firmer cheese. If you want a really soft cheese, add some cream (a larger pot of the decent stuff, not the Bulla stuff which has too many other things except for actual cream in it) add during the heating stage...

that is the basics for cheese. If you like it saltier, add salt before pressing....

Oh. I make that already.

Paneer.

It’s so good in curry.

It can’t be bought anywhere here, in fact Indian ingredients are hard to come by. I’ll be visiting Canberra at some stage and coming back with a boot load of stuff from the fabulous Indian markets down there.

Thanks for typing it out.

It can’t be bought anywhere here, in fact Indian ingredients are hard to come by. I’ll be visiting Canberra at some stage and coming back with a boot load of stuff from the fabulous Indian markets down there
You'll have to tell me where they are please. I haven't found them!

I've got a couple of places in Dickson I use for getting dried goods and mostly spices, plus the health food shop there and a veggie Cafe (plus the vegan restaurant) and a vegan Cafe in Braddon (and the new vegan shop) but I'm lacking any Indian shops or markets, I've been told about them but failed to find them :(

@SatNavSaysStraightOn

How far are you from Phillip? We went to Spice Market & Kitchen King.

Colbee Court in Phillip is home to both of these markets. Phillip is in Woden.

If you google search "Indian market, Canberra" there are heaps.

My friend took me to a market square in Fyshwick that had pretty good global representation too.

http://www.fyshwickfreshfoodmarkets.com.au/

Back
Top Bottom