Recipe Mississippi roast beef

Herbaceous

Local time
3:31 PM
Tried out this interesting recipe for beef with mayo the other night. It was very tender, but not as flavorful as I’d have liked. We’ve been making sandwiches with the leftovers this week. Recipe adapted from Tasty.co.

Ingredients:

1 boneless beef roast, 3 lbs (I used round roast)
3 tbsp canola oil
4 tbsp butter
2 tbsp mayonnaise
2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
1/4 tsp dried dill
1/8 tsp paprika

Season the roast with salt and pepper, and then sear on all sides in the canola oil over high heat. Put the meat in a slow cooker and top with the butter.

Mix together the mayo, vinegar, dill, and paprika, and spread over the meat. Cover and cook on low for 8 hours.

Remove the meat, shred with two forks, and mix back into the juices in the cooker. Enjoy!

IMG_8560.jpeg

I was reading a recipe for this just a couple of months ago and had put it on my list, planning to use a chuck roast. How’d the round roast work out? Looks fab!

It worked pretty well, came out very very tender.

Shameful confession: this recipe is supposed to also have pepperoncinis in it. I rummaged through the fridge and found the pepperoncinis, only to discover that the jar expired in 2019. Oops!

Anyway, I had to omit them. Maybe I should clean my fridge more often.

That sounds like a riff on Alabama White Sauce, which is a mayo-based BBQ sauce originating at Big Bob Gibson's BBQ in Alabama.

CD

Back
Top Bottom