Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Morning Glory

Obsessive cook
Staff member
Local time
12:10 AM
This is the first time we have a attempted a members' vote for a challenge. It may prove complicated. The only way I can think to do this sensibly, is to use the 'poll' facility. It means that members can vote anonymously for the recipe(s) they think should win.

We have 18 entries from 5 members. Here is how voting works:
  • Any member can vote including entrants.
  • Each member has 3 votes (equally weighted).
  • Votes are anonymous. Members cannot change their votes once cast.
  • Members can vote for their own recipes. There is nothing I can do to prevent this, but I would ask in the spirit of fairness for members to limit voting for themselves to only one recipe and cast at least 2 other votes for other entries.
  • Members can vote for less than 3 entries. Again there is nothing I can do to prevent this, but I would urge members to use all their votes.
The poll will run for a week. If there is no clear winner then a second round of voting will be held for the recipes with the most votes.

Well, lets see how it goes - I suspect we will end up with a whole bunch of recipes with 2 or 3 votes each. We will see. The poll lists the recipe titles which are numbered according to the order in which they were posted. Below are links to those recipes for your information.

The entries:
  1. Shakshuka with Kefta
  2. Khobz
  3. Moroccan Stew
  4. Beef Tagine
  5. Moroccan Flatbread
  6. Moroccan Semi-Sweet Bread
  7. Moroccan chicken with orange and fennel
  8. Grilled Moroccan Chicken
  9. Saffron Rice Pilaf with Veggies
  10. Moroccan Roasted garlic Carrots
  11. Spicy Moroccan Lentil Tagine
  12. Moroccan Spiced Fish with Fennel, Leek and cream sauce
  13. Whole Roasted Cauliflower with Moroccan Spices
  14. Moroccan Paprika Fish
  15. Chicken, orange, fennel tagine
  16. Grilled Moroccan chicken over curried couscous
  17. Shrimp and vegetable tagine
  18. Baghrir with almond butter filling
So - please everyone, cast your votes and remember this is all in the spirit of fun so there are no formal 'judging criteria'. Vote for the recipes that appeal to you for whatever reason! Deadline for voting midnight Monday 20th August

Last edited:
Thank you everyone, for your votes. The clear winner is
Whole Roasted Cauliflower with Moroccan Spice from @detroitdad.
In second place is Moroccan chicken with orange and fennel from @epicuric.
Runners up are Beef Tagine and Moroccan Flatbread from @The Late Night Gourmet and Spicy Moroccan Lentil Tagine from @epicuric .

Congratulations to @detroitdad who has won this fabulous book. @detroitdad, I'll need you to send me a postal address in a PM.

51+DKSSV8ZL._AC_US436_QL65_-2.jpg

In addition, there are two modest mystery runner-up prizes for @The Late Night Gourmet and @epicuric. Can you also PM me a postal address @The Late Night Gourmet? I think I have yours @epicuric.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom