Recipe Mushrooms à la Greque

Duck59

Guru
Local time
1:41 PM
Website
duckholiday.com
Here's a simple little concoction for a snack or a salad.

Water 150 ml
Garlic cloves (as many as you like, the more the better)
Juice of 2 squeezed lemons
Olive oil 30 ml
Pepper (and salt if you must)
Bay leaf
Sprig of parsley
Button mushrooms 350 g
Large tomato
Chopped parsley (for garnish)

Put the first seven ingredients into a saucepan, bring to the boil and boil for about five minutes. Add the mushrooms and simmer for around five more minutes. Add the tomato (chopped, please) and then refrigerate until well chilled. Sprinkle on the parsley before serving.

Simple is my second name. Simple and not simpleton. Anyway, this sounds like an easy salad that would be quite good. Maybe I will get to try it once I have found some mushrooms,

This sounds different but easy to make. I am loving all these mushroom recipe. I don't know which one to make first.
I was looking through the grocery store flyers this week and I see mushrooms are on sale. That is always a bonus!
Going to go pick up some on my way home from work today. :)

Brilliant! I was going to post this one myself as its something I used to make back in the late 70's! But my recipe is different... from memory, it has crushed coriander seeds and I don't recall the tomatoes. But I will have to try this one in my Test Kitchen!

that looks like a delicious and healthy dish full of veggie goodness! I could see eating this as a dinner, a snack or for anytime really. I might try it sometime this weekend, or early next week. It just sounds like something that would be up my alley completely, as mushrooms are very good for you, but I am not really much of a fan, so I am always trying to look for ways to make them more palatable.

Here's a simple little concoction for a snack or a salad.

Garlic cloves (as many as you like, the more the better)

???

garlic-peeled_zpsn1gyw9bm.jpg

Back
Top Bottom