Mushrooms: What are your fave dishes & types ?

Francesca

Local time
12:13 AM
Wild Mushrooms: What are your favorite dishes employing mushrooms and what are your favorite types of mushrooms ?
Photo Copyright: Francesca Guillamet.

My favorite mushroom types are: Boletus Eduli, Black Trumphets & Morilles.

I am a grand mushroom entusiast and normally, prepare mushrooms via sautée-ing in Organic Catalan / Spanish Evvoo with 1 or 2 cloves of minced lavender garlic depending on size of the cloves and and a tablespoon of fresh minced parsley. I really do not like to conceal or hide the taste of the mushrooms ..

Dishes of our family :

Mushroom Risotto ( Risotto al Funghi ) .. I use Boletus for my risotto or organic White caps depending on the season..

Rare Venison filet mignon with Morilles ..

Black Trumphets with Fettuccine ribbon pasta ..

Rare filet mignon of beef with Morilles.

Chicken with Vin Jaune and Morilles or Morels with French butter, garlic and shallots.

Entrecôte Bérnaise with a side of Morilles or Morels ..

Morels or Morilles with herbed cream as a side dish ..

Mushroom stuffed Ravioli ..

MUSHROOMSWHTCAPS2014-01-27 13.14.47.jpg

Last edited:
Mushrooms I often use are champignon, portobello and sometimes " drum bits" (in italiano Mazze di Tamburo).
Champignon and portobello m. often in risotto or stuffed and baked. Mazze di Tamburo cooked as pizzaiola (capers, tomato sauce, anchovies, oregano, black olives) or breaded as if they were a cutlet and fried....and that's my favourite version.

Last edited:
@MypinchofItaly

Wow. Thank you.

I am a grand fan of Wild Mushrooms in particular and cannot wait until the autumn ( October / November ) so I can have a Risotto di Funghi !! A fave dish our family too ..

Have a lovely evening ..

Back
Top Bottom