Mutton, Hogget and Lamb

I don't think TastyReuben is averse to a bit of lamb.
Correct, nor am I presuming to speak for anyone else. The numbers don't lie...as a nation, we don't eat much lamb.

I generally eat lamb only when I'm in the UK, because there's a culture for it, good turnover, so I know it's probably fresh and prepared competently. I'd be very wary of ordering lamb off a menu here, unless I knew the restaurant did a good business with it.

The numbers don't lie...as a nation, we don't eat much lamb.
Tasters mate, the American cultural demolition ball that is Mcdonalds could solve the problem with this. "No all-beef patties sizzle at the packed McDonald's restaurant that opened last month in upscale south Delhi. Ground lamb has been substituted in the "Maharaja Mac" and other "100% pure mutton" burgers, menu changes made to show respect for the Hindu majority's reverence for the cow." I have it on no authority whatsoever it will be trialed in the US if Trump gets a second turd.

Tasters mate, the American cultural demolition ball that is Mcdonalds could solve the problem with this. "No all-beef patties sizzle at the packed McDonald's restaurant that opened last month in upscale south Delhi. Ground lamb has been substituted in the "Maharaja Mac" and other "100% pure mutton" burgers, menu changes made to show respect for the Hindu majority's reverence for the cow." I have it on no authority whatsoever it will be trialed in the US if Trump gets a second turd.
I could work. The McRib is legendary here, and it's nasty. I get one every year because it's available for a limited time only. My thought process is, "This thing is horrible, but it's available only for the next four weeks, so I must have it!"

Marketing, huh? :laugh:

Correct, nor am I presuming to speak for anyone else. The numbers don't lie...as a nation, we don't eat much lamb.

I generally eat lamb only when I'm in the UK, because there's a culture for it, good turnover, so I know it's probably fresh and prepared competently. I'd be very wary of ordering lamb off a menu here, unless I knew the restaurant did a good business with it.

Any restaurant known to have a good kitchen, even in the US :rolleyes: , is going to use fresh lamb. If a restaurant in Ohio can get fresh oysters, why wouldn't a restaurant in Florida be able to get fresh lamb? I wouldn't order lamb at Applebee's, but that would be true of an Applebee's in the UK. I'd never order oysters at Applebee's -- I'm not suicidal.

CD

So on my shopping trip to Kroger, I examined their selection of lamb. They had lamb chops ($9.99/lb) and ground lamb ($8.99/lb). Both were vacuum-sealed packs, not anything on display in the case.

So on my shopping trip to Kroger, I examined their selection of lamb. They had lamb chops ($9.99/lb) and ground lamb ($8.99/lb). Both were vacuum-sealed packs, not anything on display in the case.

Probably Australian lamb. When I see it, it is usually vacuum sealed. It has to travel a long way, probably on ships in refridgerated shipping containers.

CD

Probably Australian lamb. When I see it, it is usually vacuum sealed. It has to travel a long way, probably on ships in refridgerated shipping containers.

CD
Probably. I didn't look that closely. They had exactly two packs of each. Maybe it's the same two packs they've had since about 2012, I don't know. :laugh:

Back
Top Bottom