My beef casserole

Corzhens

Veteran
Local time
5:12 PM
This is our original recipe that is simple to cook.

Ingredients: a kilo of beef, a clove of garlic and 3 onions, 2 glasses of pineapple juice, a bottle of sprite or 7-up, soy sauce, butter, black pepper.

Procedure: using the pineapple juice and white soda, tenderize the beef in a pressure cooker. Sautee the crushed garlic and sliced onion. When a bit cooked, add a tablespoon of soy sauce and later a tablespoon of butter. Add the beef to the pan and also add the broth little by little. Sprinkile with black pepper. Boil until the broth becomes a bit sticky. Serve with rice.

This is our original recipe that is simple to cook.

Ingredients: a kilo of beef, a clove of garlic and 3 onions, 2 glasses of pineapple juice, a bottle of sprite or 7-up, soy sauce, butter, black pepper.

Procedure: using the pineapple juice and white soda, tenderize the beef in a pressure cooker. Sautee the crushed garlic and sliced onion. When a bit cooked, add a tablespoon of soy sauce and later a tablespoon of butter. Add the beef to the pan and also add the broth little by little. Sprinkile with black pepper. Boil until the broth becomes a bit sticky. Serve with rice.

I wonder what the 7-up does. I know pineapple juice will tenderise meat but does the soda also do that?

I love the effect that pineapple juice has on meat - it's one of my "go-to" things when I'm cooking!

An instructor at a cooking class I went to explained to me that papaya and kiwi fruit also have the same enzyme that breaks down the meat to make it lovely and tender.

I wonder what the 7-up does. I know pineapple juice will tenderise meat but does the soda also do that?
The 7-up (white soda as we call it) neutralizes the sour taste of pineapple and it also helps in the tenderizing of the meat. This style of cooking was inherited by my husband from his mother who is a good cook. I remember she would be cooking ham with that same marinade of pineapple juice and 7-up that would boil the dried ham leg for hours. And when it is tender, the frying is done on a big vat. It was the best ham that I had tasted, ever.

Reactions: L_B
The 7-up (white soda as we call it) neutralizes the sour taste of pineapple and it also helps in the tenderizing of the meat. This style of cooking was inherited by my husband from his mother who is a good cook. I remember she would be cooking ham with that same marinade of pineapple juice and 7-up that would boil the dried ham leg for hours. And when it is tender, the frying is done on a big vat. It was the best ham that I had tasted, ever.
Ah, that's interesting. I have a recipe for slow-cooking cooking a ham in Cola. I think it must have the same effect.

Braising meats with any sugar content help give sauce body ,a spoon of red currant jelly also does the trick ,coke ,honey or malases gives a glaze to ham

This simple enough to make. Sounds like winter comfort food to me. I'm going to have to try it out. Thanks for sharing. Have you tried using a slow cooker rather than a pressure cooker? I love the slow cooker for tenderizing meat. Great for making pulled pork, stew and pot roast.

This sounds like a great recipe and rather easy to make. It is always nice to have a no idea when it comes to cooking a meal.
Eating the same thing over and over gets tiring. It does sound like a great marinade for ham. Ham is one of my all time favorite
meals to prepare and eat.

Thanks Berties for you glaze as well. I think I just may try that one out the next time I am cooking a ham. It sound delicious.

Back
Top Bottom