My kitchen

Morning Glory

Obsessive cook
Staff member
Local time
8:44 PM
This thread is all about discussing your kitchen. Please post photos of that hallowed ground or just tell us about it. I have a tiny galley style kitchen. I long for a bigger space. What do you like best about your kitchen and what would your dream kitchen be like?

Here is my kitchen:

20170804_170455.jpg

Bulk ingredients/spices in the mason jars, or odd liquids/sauces
..I usually transfer the spices to the other wall mounted smaller jars, as needed
..if it's odd sizes ie: long cinnamon sticks, vanilla beans, real saffron, etc.. they stay there.

Had spices in plastic bags/containers until we had an exotic tiny beetle infestation (dried chilis from Arizona)
They ate through anything plastic!..and hung around for a year...
..so 96.845% glass now :geek:

Bulk ingredients/spices in the mason jars, or odd liquids/sauces
..I usually transfer the spices to the other wall mounted smaller jars, as needed
..if it's odd sizes ie: long cinnamon sticks, vanilla beans, real saffron, etc..

All of which says to me 'serious cook'. You will fit in well here! If I had the space I'd have a pantry...

I shall not even go into the story of the time when I had 12 thirteen year old schoolgirls in my kitchen learning how to cook egg and potato dum.

View attachment 14009

Boy!!

I'd LOVE SO BAD to have a kitchen that size!! I'd have a ball with all that cabinet space!! Looks so nice, warm & cozy!! I wouldn't even know how to act!!!! :wink:

Last edited:
Boy!!

I'd LOVE SO BAD to have a kitchen that size!! Looks so nice, warm & cozy!! I wouldn't even know how to act!!!! :wink:

It's definitely usually warm in there particularly when the ambient outside temperature is high 30's (C).

Me too - in fact I can't stand anyone else in my kitchen when I'm cooking (even children).

The ones that I sometimes babysit with, the eldest one likes to help out when I'm cooking. But then, ALL of them want to help ,& they start arguing & fighting, then they are all in the way, so then I don't let them, because they can't get along with each other!! The oldest child gets mad & jealous, I think , cause he wants to be the only one helping me.:headshake::mad:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom