Recipe My risotto with spinach and taleggio cheese

@MypinchofItaly,

It is my 1st day free in 3 weeks so, tomorrow I shall go get some fresh Spinach and the other ingredients to prepare your risotto !!

Thanks again for posting.
Buonasera ..

Oh really? Well, above all, enjoy your first day off work! And then, I'm honoured you'll prepare my risotto ! I hope you'll like it...let me know how is gone ☺

Preparation time 15 mins
Cooking time 20/25 mins. Serves 4.
Ingredients
350g rice for risotto
2 onions (1 for broth,1 for rice)
150g fresh spinach
90g Taleggio cheese (alternatives: Brie, Ricotta or Gruyere cheese)
Butter
For the vegetable broth:
1 stock cube or carrot, onion, celery
Grated Parmesan cheese
Salt and pepper to taste

Method

Prepare the basic vegetable broth with celery, onion, carrot. Alternatively you can use a vegetable stock cube.
Wash the spinach, then put them in a pot with water and just blanch them for a few minutes. Now drain the spinach and chop up them in a pure e consistency.
Now chop finely the other onion and put it in another pot with some butter. After few minutes and the rice and toasted them for about 5 minutes.
Add the broth to the rice. The broth must cover the rice and after few minutes add the spinach puree into the rice pot and add a pinch of salt and pepper. Cook for 20 minutes until the rice is cooked and the broth have been dried.
Switch off the heat.
Add the taleggio cheese ( or the cheese as brie or ricotta or gruyere) and a little piece of butter and mix altogether. Serve with a sprinkle of grated parmesan cheese.View attachment 5594

@MypinchofItaly

Brava !! Phenomenal and such a simple sensational Risotto.

On my list !!!

All my best for a lovely weekend ..

Back
Top Bottom