My wishes for you

ElizabethB

Guru
Local time
5:30 PM
I hope you all had a blessed Christmas. I hope your Christmas was full of love and laughter. When ever we have family dinners we always pray grace. The prayer always ends with every one shouting out "Bless the Cooks".
I wish you all a joyous, prosperous, healthy New Year filled with new cooking adventures.
I have not visited for a while but I think of you often. When ever I meet someone who enjoys cooking I recommend this wonderful forum.
Time flies so fast. My old mind sometimes gets blown away. I think I visited my Brother in Colorado just a month or two ago. It has been a year.
I forget how long it has been since I visited with all of you. Please forgive me. You are all an amazing group of people. I may not get off of my lazy behind and make the effort to communicate with you but I do think of you often.
Miss you all. Happy New Year.

I hope you all had a blessed Christmas. I hope your Christmas was full of love and laughter. When ever we have family dinners we always pray grace. The prayer always ends with every one shouting out "Bless the Cooks".
I wish you all a joyous, prosperous, healthy New Year filled with new cooking adventures.
I have not visited for a while but I think of you often. When ever I meet someone who enjoys cooking I recommend this wonderful forum.
Time flies so fast. My old mind sometimes gets blown away. I think I visited my Brother in Colorado just a month or two ago. It has been a year.
I forget how long it has been since I visited with all of you. Please forgive me. You are all an amazing group of people. I may not get off of my lazy behind and make the effort to communicate with you but I do think of you often.
Miss you all. Happy New Year.

Hello @ElizabethB
It's nice to see you again here..thank you for your wishes, I wish all the best to you and yours!
I hope to hear again from you soon

Hi there @ElizabethB - we miss you here! I really hope you will join in again. You are a great participant. We are very low volume in terms of active membership so you can be sure of a friendly response if you post something.

All the best for 2019.

I purchased a nice journal . I am thinking about using my journal as a cooking journal. Nothing special just a record of what I cook each day. Not necessarily recipes. Just a record of what I cooked. A few notes like Devine or big failure. Ha Ha! Probably more failures than Devine. That is how I learn to be a better cook and a better person. I learn more from my failures than I do from my success .

@medtran49 and @CraigC
I spent Thanksgiving in your neck of the woods. My second to youngest brother and his wife live in Clermont- on a lake. Sweet Brother decided that he wanted to host Thanksgiving. He really did not expect us to take him up on his offer. SURPRISE! Mother, three sisters, two brothers, two in laws and two nieces descended on my sweet Brother and Sister in law.
He was the perfect host. He did not have enough seating in his living room so he rented a large sectional sofa. He did not have enough space for all of us to sleep. His very kind neighbors offered 2 bedrooms for the family to use. Who would be that generous? They are from Louisiana. That explains it all. We had an amazing time. It is rare for all six of the siblings to be together. When we are together there are many distractions and not much time to really bond.
We sat around my Brother's table. We ate great food, drank good wine , told stories from our childhood, laughed until we cried, cried for our Father and brother who are not with us. Laughed some more. I love my family more than I can say. I am truly blessed with the most beautiful family.
My Brother loves living in Florida. Unfortunately my sister-in-law longs for Colorado. She can not handle the heat and humidity. She misses her friends. Later this year they will be selling their home and will move back to Colorado.
Their home in Florida is a 10 hour drive. Colorado is a 24 hour drive. A road trip to Florida is not so bad. A road trip to Colorado is a much bigger deal
Big sigh. I will miss my Brother.
OMG! I have rambled too much .

OMG! I have rambled too much .

No worries. That is what The CookingBites Cafe is here for! Now its my turn...

My partner's youngest brother died two days ago. He got drunk and fell over - which is all I know really. He was a big drinker but its still a shock to me. My partner has suspected early onset dementia and although he understands what happened he is not really upset. He seems happy that he will be travelling to see his family (there are 5 remaining brothers and sisters) back in Sunderland. Its all very stressful...

Sudden death is always a shock, our friend was diagnosed with dementia about 5 years ago. It was horrible seeing her go downhill. We knew it would get her, but it was still hard to take. She died a year ago. I couldn't visit her for the last couple of years. Couldn't watch it happen. From a funny fun loving woman and mother to nothing. It destroyed her family. She was put in a home for the last 3 years and her husband, who got a new girlfriend, used to take her to visit his wife. We don't talk anymore. Her husband still doesn't get it. People huh.

On a brighter note, happy new year. My resolution is same as always , have a laugh and enjoy life. Maybe cut back on the alcohol a bit.

Russ

Back
Top Bottom