National Fish and Chip Day, Friday 2nd June 2017

classic33

Legendary Member
Local time
6:09 PM
NFCD-2017-graphics.jpg

Fish and Chip lovers across the UK are coming together on Friday 2nd June to once again celebrate the nation’s favourite dish.

Following the phenomenal success of the event last year, National Fish & Chip Day 2017 will see people throughout the country celebrating their love of the this iconic meal from fish & chip shops, pub chains, restaurants, retailers, to the fishermen and farmers who provide the sustainable and natural ingredients used to create it. We want to help Fish & Chip shops across the UK benefit from this awareness day and generally creating a huge buzz about fish and chips.

In 2016 #nationalfishandchipday began trending on Twitter and Facebook at 9.30 in the morning and the broadcast and print media coverage achieved helped make the footfall experienced by fish & chip shops one of the highest of the year, with some saying it was even busier than Good Friday. More than 28 million people saw, heard or read about National Fish & Chip Day!

2017 looks set to exceed these results and we want to give you support and insight to turn this into a very special Fryday!

For National Fish & Chip Day 2017, NEODA will be running competitions for some some lucky Fish & Chip shops to win marketing packs containing everything they need to build a real buzz around the event and help them get as much publicity in their local area as possible.

Don't miss you chance to get involved and build support - start tweeting with the hashtag #nationalfishandchipdaynow!

http://www.neoda.org.uk/fishandchipday

Oh, this really is the one thing I miss being in Australia. Perhaps I will use the 'local' chip shop here on Friday and see what it's chips are like?

I do hope my favourite chippie up in the Lakes is still going. It would be a shame if it wasn't. It is the best I have come across in decades.... now I will have to look it up again, I cycled passed it on our Trans Pennine and Hadrian's Wall cycle holiday. The last one before my back went! Now I wouldn't be able to do that route because the recumbent trike could not get through so many of the barriers along the way sadly :( Right off to find out if it still exists.

Oh, this really is the one thing I miss being in Australia. Perhaps I will use the 'local' chip shop here on Friday and see what it's chips are like?

I do hope my favourite chippie up in the Lakes is still going. It would be a shame if it wasn't. It is the best I have come across in decades.... now I will have to look it up again, I cycled passed it on our Trans Pennine and Hadrian's Wall cycle holiday. The last one before my back went! Now I wouldn't be able to do that route because the recumbent trike could not get through so many of the barriers along the way sadly :( Right off to find out if it still exists.
Get a price, for your new "local" chip shop, for fish & chips.

I'll have to do my part to commemorate the occasion. This is what I did the last time I made fried fish: the nuggets are cod, and the discs below them are sliced potato. The fries on the right were battered in pancake batter (yes, I did that!!) and they were fantastic. But, I think I'll need to make more traditional chips, and maybe not cut the fish so small (though nugget-sized means "easy to eat a lot of them").

IMG_0463.JPG
IMG_0491.JPG

I'll have to do my part to commemorate the occasion. This is what I did the last time I made fried fish: the nuggets are cod, and the discs below them are sliced potato. The fries on the right were battered in pancake batter (yes, I did that!!) and they were fantastic. But, I think I'll need to make more traditional chips, and maybe not cut the fish so small (though nugget-sized means "easy to eat a lot of them").

View attachment 7419 View attachment 7420
You'll have another chance on Friday.

I don't have a mobile phone so can't participate.

Will this celebration involve listing the best chippies around UK/London? I know the good ones local to myself.

Yes I know it's odd! I have never felt the need for it...along with being on fb - doesn't suit my lifestyle.
Why would your mobile need to have fish and chips though?

And if there's a chippie near you, they should be in on this.

Following the resounding success of last year’s inaugural National Fish and Chip Day, Fasfa is delighted to confirm that Fish & Chip lovers across the UK are coming together again to celebrate the nation’s favourite dish on Friday, 2nd June 2017.

National Fish & Chip Day 2017 is set to be even bigger than last year as it brings together everyone involved in creating this iconic British dish; from Fish & Chip shops, pub chains, restaurants, retailers, to the fisherman and farmers who provide the sustainable and natural ingredients needed to create this family favourite.

John Rutherford said: “We all agree nothing can beat a portion of steaming fresh white fish fried in hot, crispy batter, served with a pile of lip-smacking chips ”

National Fish & Chip Day is about giving fish and chips the recognition it deserves and helping to secure its position as the nation’s favourite dish. The event, which will take place on the first Friday in June every year, already has the backing of key players in the industry.

The national event is once again being championed by trade organisations led by The National Edible Oil Distributors’ Association, who represent packers and distributors of oils and fats in the UK. NEODA President, Andrew Marriott, comments, “National Fish and Chip Day celebrates the stars who work hard to bring Brits their favourite traditional takeaway. We want to bring the whole industry together to celebrate and showcase the great British institution that is fish and chips.”

http://fasfa.co.uk/national-fish-chip-day-is-friday-2-june-2017/

Yeh - part of the problem of being partially disabled... I keep dropping it and the case only does so much... I can tell I'm holding something, but not how well. I also have an issue with knowing exactly where, say my shoulder, is in space, so I will walk into door frames not clearing them properly etc... so I'm always covered in bruises. My physio tells me this is normal with the damage I have.

I don't have a mobile phone so can't participate.
you don't need one. It was simply a reference to my jobs list and that replying to classic and getting a price for the cost of Aussie fish and chips could take a while.

Yes I know it's odd! I have never felt the need for it...along with being on fb - doesn't suit my lifestyle.
It's not odd. I only have a mobile because at AUD $50 a month for unlimited calls to both Spain and the UK, it is the cheapest way of contacting our families. And I only joined FB at Christmas because all buying and selling locally is done on an FB group and a friend of mine is only contactable by FB, she lives on it. Emails don't get responded to...
So I finally gave in and created an account. Also my mother lives on FB so she gets to see what (very little I put online) is going on in my life other than what I put in my blog (and less goes on in FB than my blog! but it makes her happy which is what is needed given I moved to the other side of the world some 18 months after a fairly major change to my life...

Yeh - part of the problem of being partially disabled... I keep dropping it and the case only does so much... I can tell I'm holding something, but not how well. I also have an issue with knowing exactly where, say my shoulder, is in space, so I will walk into door frames not clearing them properly etc... so I'm always covered in bruises. My physio tells me this is normal with the damage I have.
Does it need to be smartphone?

Bruises I'm familiar with. Too familiar

Back
Top Bottom