Need a little help with cooking something

Rune

Über Member
Local time
2:18 AM
Hi i dont normally cook due to problems but i decided to do something random this Friday and need a little help. i decided to either buy some pork chunks or pieces the type you put in stir-fry or same just with beef.

i plan on putting some of what spice goes good with the meat though there are so many cant decide then plan on after the spice and salt and pepper putting in small amounts.

In small pastry pockets kinda like Chinese dumplings but my own way main thing is dont know how long i should cook it or if i should cook meat half way then put in the pastry then cook rest of way but then again dont know for how long to cook.

as i am just doing this randomly so any help or ideas of what spice would be very helpful thanks here are some links to pics of what meat i may use.
19748837_10211505215499219_1709054607822677112_n.jpg
19800892_10211505211379116_8290543173519112688_o.jpg

What kind of foods do you like?

well lots of things well my favorite type of food is stuff like chicken korma stuff with mango sausage lamb mint burgers i also dont mind spinach beans potato carrots leaks i like dumplings especially in my mums stue i dont mind spicy just not to spicy not good for my irritable bowl syndrome lol so got to watch out i like a lot of things well as long as they taste good lol.

anyway only relay want help with what i am trying to do like any suggestion on how or how long to cook the meat and then the meat when i put it into the small pastry pockets and should i cook the meat half way first put it in the pastry then cook the rest of the way. And also what spices or herbs to put on the meat before i cook to make taste better.

I know you just want someone to say do this but I need your help to help you.
Do you have access to a reasonably stocked kitchen?
How do you plan to cook the dumplings once you put the meat in?
You want to fully cook the meat before inserting in the pastry pockets. How long depends on how hot your fire is and the thickness of the meat but being that small I would say 5 to 10 minutes.
As to the spices, I asked because that depends on the individual person's tastes.
If it was me, I would go with some garlic and onion.
Your location would also be a help.

You want to fully cook the meat before inserting in the pastry pockets. How long depends on how hot your fire is and the thickness of the meat but being that small I would say 5 to 10 minutes.
As to the spices, I asked because that depends on the individual person's tastes.

well my location is a place called Fareham in Hampshire uk and sorry i have disability's that's why i don't cook much i need to have someone there to help and watch me anyway i only really planed on just having the meat and just spices i have a a small jar of mixed herb & spice in our cupboard i actually took a picture of a list of what her or spice goes good with what meat other than that i will buy the meat the day i cook it.

i like garlic and onions so i mite 2 tubs of that meat and try the garlic and onion and on the other mixed herb & spice i dont relay know what spice or herb to use could try something new dont know lol ? the new problem is what meat to pick do one of both or get 2 of 1 pork or beef lol i like both lol.

this is a pic of the list of what herb or spice goes good with what meat
19756613_10211515751362609_432121990889385724_n.jpg

I didn't ask for a list of what goes good with what.
I was asking what type of foods you liked.
I see now that you have a helper. Your best idea would be to ask the helper what they would use so you know you will like it.
Although I really don't think you want to put the stir fry meat in a dumpling. I think a bread off to the side would be better.

I didn't ask for a list of what goes good with what.
I was asking what type of foods you liked.
I see now that you have a helper. Your best idea would be to ask the helper what they would use so you know you will like it.
Although I really don't think you want to put the stir fry meat in a dumpling. I think a bread off to the side would be better.

i know what you ment about the type of foods i like i just posted the list anyway but thank you for the info anyway

@Rune,

Welcome to Cookingbites.

Sorry, I have never made dumplings. I have prepared Ravioli a million times. However, I could give you a ground porc filling or stuffing however, it would be classic Italian.

Good luck ..
Have a lovely weekend.

@Rune,

Welcome to Cookingbites.

Sorry, I have never made dumplings. I have prepared Ravioli a million times. However, I could give you a ground porc filling or stuffing however, it would be classic Italian.

Good luck ..
Have a lovely weekend.
thanks for help but i have decided to wait untill next pay day on 20th so i have more time to decide and plan thanks.

Back
Top Bottom