I Need a new stand mixer!

GadgetGuy

(Formerly Shermie)
Local time
7:57 AM
Cuisinart SM=5OBCStand Mixer..jpg

I need a new stand mixer!

Thinking about getting the one pictured above. It is almost in the style of the KA mixer,
the reason being that it has planetary mixing action. Most mixers do!

This kind of action covers the whole inside of the bowl, giving you total coverage with complete mixing

KA is no good! Was going to get another KA machine, but the reviews on it were coming from lots of dissatisfied users. While KA only warrants their mixers for just one lousy year, Cuisinart warrants this one for THREE years. Two years more!! It has a lot of nice features. Built to last!

Also, THIS machine features a 500-watt motor with thermal overload protection, whereas the KA Classic & Artisan has only 250 & 325 watts respectively & no motor protection!! The motors could burn out under heavy stress!!

KA products have gone down hill & down the wayside!! The larger machines, their trannies are enclosed in plastic cases & have cheap gears that often break down. :wink:

Last edited:
I'd name it Gort. From the top, front it reminds me of the head of the robot Gort from the original movie "The Day The Earth Stood Still".:okay:

Hah!!

Never thought of that before!! I should nick-name it that!! :wink:

Last edited:
gort.png.625x385_q100.png

Yeah, the front part where the cover is that hides the accessory drive looks just like him. Hah!! They encased him inside a tough plastic that was supposedly harder than steel!! He got out anyway, went to the hospital to rescue Klato (Michael Rennie).

I think that it's a fresh newer look than the KA mixers though.

They are just junk now, & not too many consumers like them any more.:wink::laugh:
!

Last edited:
I also thought about getting THIS one!! :wink:
That's a stand mixer??

By the way, if you can afford the one on top, and you can get the use out of it to justify the cost. then go for it. But, I've been using this one for years, and I'm happy with it for what I do:

8465990_0000.jpg

Hamilton Beach, 6 speeds, detachable mixer, and only $40 at Target (marked down from $50).

Last edited by a moderator:
That's a stand mixer??

By the way, if you can afford the one on top, and you can get the use out of it to justify the cost. then go for it. But, I've been using this one for years, and I'm happy with it for what I do:

8465990_0000.jpg

Hamilton Beach, 6 speeds, detachable mixer, and only $40 at Target (marked down from $50).
globe-sp5-gear-driven-5-qt-commercial-stand-mixer-800-watt-motor-115v.jpg
globe-sp8-gear-driven-8-qt-commercial-stand-mixer-1-4-hp-motor-115v.jpg

I really wanted one of THESE mixers, but they are too astronomically expensive!! They are really powerful heavy duty commercial mixers designed for the small food service industry.
Most styles are kind of like the KA. But KA is no good any more :wink:

Last edited:
I will be bringing Gort home in a few weeks! I know where to get him at a reasonable price. :wink:

I've never had a stand mixer as I don't think that I'd have much use for one. I have a hand held mixer and hardly ever use that.

I HAVE to have one. Otherwise I would not be able to bake. Too much work & strain on my arms! :headshake:

Hobart HL- 6 stand mixer..jpg

Here's a pic of it up close. Seems it is only available at EBay, when you can get it! :wink:

Last edited:
That's a stand mixer??

8465990_0000.jpg

Yeah, the one pictured above is the Bosch Universal. Even though it is mostly made of plastic, it is truly adored by lots of gourmet chefs & cooks alike! It has a generous 6.5-qt work bowl, a powerful 800-watt motor and plenty of power to spare!

I had it on my mind to get this one, still might. Five quarts is enough to do what I need to do. :wink:

63392-01.jpg

Had thought about getting THIS stand mixer, but none of HB's stand mixers have an accessory drive to power any accessories, the motor is only 300 watts & the work bowl is only 4 qts.

You'd think by now, that they'd make a larger mixer with a larger bowl & more power!! :headshake:

Back
Top Bottom