1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need new stand mixer!

Discussion in 'Kitchen Appliances, Cookware, Gadgets & Cookbooks' started by Shermie, May 17, 2018.

1. Shermie

Shermie Senior Member

Cuisinart SM=5OBCStand Mixer..jpg

I need a new stand mixer!

Thinking about getting the one pictured above. It is almost in the style of the KA mixer, being the it has planetary mixing action.

KA is no good! Was going to get another KA machine, but the reviews on it were coming from lots of dissatisfied users. While KA only warrants their mixers for only one year, Cuisinart warrants this one for THREE years. Two years more!! It has a lot of nice features. Built to last!

Also, THIS machine features a 500-watt motor, whereas the KA Artisan has only 325 watts.

KA products have gone down hill & down the wayside!! :wink:

Last edited: May 17, 2018
  2. CraigC

CraigC Senior Member

I'd name it Gort. From the top, front it reminds me of the head of the robot Gort from the original movie "The Day The Earth Stood Still".:okay:

3. Shermie

Shermie Senior Member

Hah!!

Never thought of that!! I should nick-name it that!! :wink:

Last edited: May 18, 2018 at 2:24 AM
  4. Shermie

Shermie Senior Member

[​IMG]

Yeah, the front part where the cover is that hides the accessory drive looks just like him. Hah!! I think that it's a fresh newer look than the KA mixers though.

They are just junk now, & not too many consumers like them any more.:wink::laugh:
    !

Last edited: May 18, 2018 at 2:31 AM
  5. Shermie

Shermie Senior Member

boschuniversalplus.jpg

I also thought about getting THIS one!! :wink:

Last edited: May 21, 2018 at 12:26 AM
  6. The Late Night Gourmet

The Late Night Gourmet Über Member

That's a stand mixer??

By the way, if you can afford the one on top, and you can get the use out of it to justify the cost. then go for it. But, I've been using this one for years, and I'm happy with it for what I do:

[​IMG]

Hamilton Beach, 6 speeds, detachable mixer, and only $40 at Target (marked down from $50).

Last edited by a moderator: May 21, 2018 at 10:30 PM
    Shermie likes this.
  7. morning glory

morning glory Obsessive cook Staff Member

The image is not available...

8. Shermie

Shermie Senior Member

globe-sp5-gear-driven-5-qt-commercial-stand-mixer-800-watt-motor-115v.jpg globe-sp8-gear-driven-8-qt-commercial-stand-mixer-1-4-hp-motor-115v.jpg

I really wanted one of THESE mixers, but they are too expensive!!
    Most styles are kind of like of like the KA. But KA is not good any more :wink: