New Appliances

detroitdad

Legendary Member
Local time
4:23 AM
20180725_200710.jpg
20180725_200706.jpg
20180725_163233.jpg

Thanks. First time we have bought appliances in 20 years.

I like the idea of a middle burner. I think it will come in handy.
I'm in about the same once-every-20-years cycle, too. I don't know what you had before, but I'm betting that stainless steel matches your counters better.

I didn't realize that was an extra burner in the middle...very cool!

Cuisinart stand mixer 2.jpg

New stand mixer & ice cream maker!! :wink:

Was thinking about getting a large commercial mixer almost similar to the ones used in small bakeries, but they suggest that stuff all be measured in POUNDS first before using them!!

Last edited:
81kwbzL94RL._SL1500_.jpg

New rice cooker with Saute feature! Wanted the same one as before, but it's discontinued. The ones that are left cost over $200!!!!:headshake:

Try Amazon or Ebay.
I have two other small rice cookers. One is Wolfgang Puck's, and the other is the infomercial small pot. Can't think of the name right now. I use the cooker very often. The only downside, is the non-stick Coating in the cup peels off or chips. That's why I bought the second cooker. Hoping I don't have the same problem with this one. I have about 245 Pins of dishes you can make other than rice in a rice cooker - from bread to soup to frittatas to cakes. The list goes on and on. I cook noodles, orzo, and steam potstickers. For me, it's money well spent.

Last edited:
You will laugh but my new applience is a 40 year old stainless steel electric oil core skillet. I've been wanting one but even used on ebay they were over $50 but there i was at my local thrift and there was a lovely shiney barely looks like it has been used townecraft skillet for under $10. Its new to me anyway.

So you might hate me cause my neice always does when i tell her of my bargains. This past labor day my local thrift had a sale...50% off all donated goods... i was there looking for jeans but i look at everything. And there on the bottom shelf push all the way in the back was a pasta machine, new in the box with all the part including clamp and that extention thingy with the extra rollers. Now i am not sure i am going to make pasta with it...it might find its way out to my art studio and join my other one i use for clay but i could not pass it up cause after my on sale discount it was $2.50...it had a original price of $35. It has already trapped my finger once before i even bought it but i won't hold it against it as i still use my mandolin slicer even tho it has bit me on more than one occassion. By the way i got 2 pairs of jeans too.

Back
Top Bottom