New Gig

detroitdad

Legendary Member
Local time
8:15 AM
I just finished my first week of the new gig. First off, this was the busiest that I have been in a long time. Tons of meetings and presentations. The meetings are all being led by either me, or the team I'm on. I don't feel like their wasted time. I'm making contacts within the city pd, campus facilities, ect.... The presentations are a blast. People want to be there (Active Shooter, Awareness, safety, ect....). I didn't have to deal with one peanut this week.

As expected, my new boss is awesome. I've known him for 20 years. I've worked with him in training courses and a few cases. He is as cool as I expected. He gives you his expectations, then leaves you alone. The position is flexible. I can work whatever schedule I want. As long as I give him 40 hours a week, and put the Community first. I'm trying 4 x 10 hour shifts to see how I like that schedule.

He is a fitness junkie. He allots 1 hour of your workday for working out. I swim at the rec center. He said count it. If I can't swim. There is a gym at the PD. I hit the treadmill for 45 minutes today to end my shift!

I know I'm still in the honey moon phase. WOW, this was a good call.

Just wanted to do a humble brag.

B

My new position is a Community Engagement Officer

I can work whatever schedule I want. As long as I give him 40 hours a week, and put the Community first. I'm trying 4 x 10 hour shifts to see how I like that schedule.

He is a fitness junkie. He allots 1 hour of your workday for working out. I swim at the rec center. He said count it. If I can't swim. There is a gym at the PD. I hit the treadmill for 45 minutes today to end my shift!

Wow! I think there are plenty who would be envious of a flexible work pattern like that - and its really very unusual (I'd think) to have an hour's pay each day for swimming or going to the gym!

If you can stick the 4 x 10hr shifts then that will give you are very nice 3 days off per week minimum. :okay:

Wow! I think there are plenty who would be envious of a flexible work pattern like that - and its really very unusual (I'd think) to have an hour's pay each day for swimming or going to the gym!

If you can stick the 4 x 10hr shifts then that will give you are very nice 3 days off per week minimum. :okay:

That's my plan. It won't always be a three day weekend. I don't care about that. Next week I'm taking TUE off because I have Community commitments on MON and FRI.

I know its only been one week. I'm really excited about this. The 10 hour days flew by. A no point did it even feel like work.

Hopefully the community will engage, unlike the ones that develop lock-jaw when dealing with the PD.:mad:

I just finished my first week of the new gig. First off, this was the busiest that I have been in a long time. Tons of meetings and presentations. The meetings are all being led by either me, or the team I'm on. I don't feel like their wasted time. I'm making contacts within the city pd, campus facilities, ect.... The presentations are a blast. People want to be there (Active Shooter, Awareness, safety, ect....). I didn't have to deal with one peanut this week.

As expected, my new boss is awesome. I've known him for 20 years. I've worked with him in training courses and a few cases. He is as cool as I expected. He gives you his expectations, then leaves you alone. The position is flexible. I can work whatever schedule I want. As long as I give him 40 hours a week, and put the Community first. I'm trying 4 x 10 hour shifts to see how I like that schedule.

I know I'm still in the honey moon phase. WOW, this was a good call.

Just wanted to do a humble brag.

B

My new position is a Community Engagement Officer

I you continue to enjoy :okay:

Fantastic news! Is this something with the University, or is it somewhere else?

sorry, I realized I never answered. Yes, its still within the University, and still within my same division. Its a complete change in what I have been doing No more patrol work. No more dealing with complaints, degenerates, bitching, and whining. Its all positive trainings, presentations, educational safety and awareness stuff.

My forum activity has definitely declined. I'm sorry for that. I've been busier the last 5 weeks than I have in the last 10 years. Its all fun work and I'm having a blast!

My goal is to cook something different on SUN and post it up. I haven't done that in awhile.

Back
Top Bottom