New Kitchen Toys!

No, but there is enough kit there for the first 120l of carbonated water. Ongoing costs at full price will be £23 per 60l. And no single use plastic bottles:okay:

Yes - I can see if you drink a lot of carbonated water it would pay for itself in the long term. Since I probably only buy a couple of bottles of fizzy water a year (if that) I don't think it would work for me! It would take me 600 years to recoup the price!

It would take me 600 years to recoup the price!
It would take me even longer - it would interact with one of my medications. Those who know me also know that I can't drink water anyway, unless it's hidden in tea, coffee or chocolate or as a liquid in a meal, and even then it has to be filtered and boiled. At least the "burn" marks are disappearing gradually. The jury is still out on whether it is something in the water or just water in general.

It would take me even longer - it would interact with one of my medications. Those who know me also know that I can't drink water anyway, unless it's hidden in tea, coffee or chocolate or as a liquid in a meal, and even then it has to be filtered and boiled. At least the "burn" marks are disappearing gradually. The jury is still out on whether it is something in the water or just water in general.
Weird one isn't it? At a guess I'd have thought something in the water but I'm no expert!

Weird one isn't it? At a guess I'd have thought something in the water but I'm no expert!
The problem is that water from different areas has different things in it - minerals, etc. - and some has fluoride, which I am not allowed to have. Unfortunately normal counter top water filters don't necessarily remove all the fluoride, and the ones which do are horribly expensive. I dread the day if the powers that be decide that all drinking water must have fluoride added. In my case, it is not just tap water that causes me problems, but anything containing water can cause problems - even sweat.
There was a programme on BBC not so long ago where they said that there were about 35 people in the world who were allergic to water, and almost immediately they received a couple of hundred texts and emails from people just in the UK who cannot use/drink water. The contact side of it has been given the name aquagenic urticaria, but that usually refers to external areas of the body. On a lot of occasions, my throat swells up as well. One thing to my advantage (but only in this context) is that my eyes rarely produce tears; on the other hand I have to use eyedrops several times a day and a lot these unfortunately have the same effect as water and make my eyes sting painfully.

main_variation_Default_view_12_715x715.

Got it! One more large thing & that is it for the kitchen!! :wink:

Last edited:
white-black-decker-rice-cookers-rcs614-64_1000.jpg

Had to get this to use it as a steamer for veggies, to keep them away from the boiling water! So, might as well use it for rice also!!

It also sautés meats & veggies for a stir-fry!! :wink:

81tZRTNYatL._SL1500_.jpg

Bought three of THESE. Needed some cake pans.
These are truly sturdy, won't rust and lasts a long, long time!! :wink:

Hubby came home with one of these last night

20180510_132308.jpg

Our old one (only 18 months old) failed on Monday morning. It only had a12 month warranty so given that it was the expensive part that failed (the nesting element itself) we decided just to purchase a new one. This was on special offer because they are clearing stock. It's rated really highly (9.1/10 from 58 reviews) so given we wanted one very similar with exactly the same dimensions to fit the hole it had to go into, we decided to stick with the same make. fingers crossed it lasts longer than 18 months because this one we've paid for rather than before when hubby's work purchased it for us.

Latest toy I got was a pasta maker. I must get around to using it. Just the standard type. I'll prolly wait til my granddaughter has a sleepover.

Russ

Latest toy I got was a pasta maker. I must get around to using it. Just the standard type. I'll prolly wait til my granddaughter has a sleepover.

Russ

I have one of those but no cupboard space - so its in the cellar. Which means, of course, that it rarely gets used.

Back
Top Bottom