New Kitchen Toys!

My latest kitchen toy

61Z36UpKy-L__SL1000_.jpg

@morning glory If you do want to make spätzle, you may find one of these very useful :D

Last edited:
Cuisinart Stainles Steel Bowl Set..jpg
Mandoline.jpg

:wink:

Attachments

• 2-qt. Commerial Stainles Steel Stock Pot..jpg
    2-qt. Commerial Stainles Steel Stock Pot..jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 181
Last edited:
Does this have any other ses @Elawin? I mean, I'd love to make späzle but ...
Don't think so, but to make long spätzle you can use a potato ricer (one where the potato comes out of the bottom as opposed to the sides) or even just a flat board and a sharp knife or other sort of slicer like one of those chip slicers that used to be all the rage in the 60s and 70s :laugh: The spätzle maker in my photo is for short spätzle which are often used in soups or other dishes that have plenty of liquid, which I often make. My arthritic fingers find it easier, and the whole thing comes apart and can be put in the dishwasher :D

Don't think so, but to make long spätzle you can use a potato ricer (one where the potato comes out of the bottom as opposed to the sides) or even just a flat board and a sharp knife or other sort of slicer like one of those chip slicers that used to be all the rage in the 60s and 70s :laugh: The spätzle maker in my photo is for short spätzle which are often used in soups or other dishes that have plenty of liquid, which I often make. My arthritic fingers find it easier, and the whole thing comes apart and can be put in the dishwasher :D

You can also use an ordinary colander to make spatzle. The mandoline that I ordered today is also a French fry cutter.

You can also use an ordinary colander to make spatzle. The mandoline that I ordered today is also a French fry cutter.
I tried with a colander but with both of mine the holes are not quite the right shape to work successfully (one has slots rather than holes, and the other more like teardrops).

I tried with a colander but with both of mine the holes are not quite the right shape to work successfully (one has slots rather than holes, and the other more like teardrops).

I have this medium sized draining spoon which I was looking at the other day and thinking 'spatzles'!

I have this medium sized draining spoon which I was looking at the other day and thinking 'spatzles'!
The holes are too big in my one. I was thinking of using the cheese grater upside down (i.e. smooth side on top), but the angle of the holes was all wrong. The only store I can buy ready made in is Lidl, when they have their German weeks, which unfortunately isn't very often. Even the Russian/German store doesn't have them although they do sell German newspapers.....

Back
Top Bottom