New to CookingBites? Make your first post here and say HELLO :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello from sunny Melbourne, Australia. I love cooking and am slightly obsessed with most things food related. I am a wife and a mother to two teenage boys who put up with me asking what they would like for dinner before they have even eaten breakfast! Happy cooking everyone!!
:welcome:

Hello all! My name is Armecia. It's prounounced R-meece-ia. I live in Colorado with my hubby and my mom. She suffers from mild dementia. I've recently had to start eating gluten and dairy free due to health reasons. Thought this would be an awesome place to find some great recipes and get input!

Hello all! My name is Armecia. It's prounounced R-meece-ia. I live in Colorado with my hubby and my mom. She suffers from mild dementia. I've recently had to start eating gluten and dairy free due to health reasons. Thought this would be an awesome place to find some great recipes and get input!

Welcome @Armecia Lee. :welcome: We are a small community here (hoping to grow!) and everyone is friendly. Dive in and enjoy!

Hello from sunny Melbourne, Australia. I love cooking and am slightly obsessed with most things food related. I am a wife and a mother to two teenage boys who put up with me asking what they would like for dinner before they have even eaten breakfast! Happy cooking everyone!!
Hi Saltwater,

Welcome to CookingBites.

I'm pretty new to Australia only having moved out here last May from the UK. I'm over Canberra way!

It's great to see new members obsessed with cooking and food in general. What do food types you like cooking the most?

SNSSO

Hi Armecia

Welcome to CookingBites.

Hopefully you'll find some assistance here with at both the dairy free and gluten free side of life, if not just yell. I'm dairy free myself suffering from anaphylatic shock if I'm exposed to something slightly more than trace amounts of dairy proteins. Luckily for me I'm gone with normal gluten levels, but we have a few members who are gluten free and I'm pretty certain one current member is both dairy free and gluten free as well.

We use something called tags here and try to ensure that dairy free or gluten free recipes are tagged with these tags, which should make it easier to find food/recipes meeting what you need.

Just yell if you need any help on the dairy free side of life. I know so many alternatives now :D

SNSSO

I'm Rob...I posted the following already, so it seems that I've made myself at home:

https://www.cookingbites.com/thread...-cooking-gadgets-do-you-have.9303/#post-72372

I really like the organization of this forum...I think I'll probably visit every sub-forum and post eventually. :)

Welcome to CookingBites. We are a very friendly community and love members to participate. A good place to join in and meet people is What did you cook/eat today (March 2017)? And if you take photos of your food, we like to see them!

Welcome @The Late Night Gourmet :welcome:. Do you cook late at night then?
First off, I have very limited daylight to cook with since I usually don't get home before 7:00 p.m. And, the rare times I'm home during daylight, I have teenagers who predictably have teenage friends who can make things very distracting when I try to cook. And, I do want to spend some time with my wife when I get home, further cutting into potential cooking time. So, I usually end up cooking after everyone has gone to bed. This can be a challenge in the summertime, since my wife is a teacher, and everyone likes to stay up late. Sometimes, I'm not starting until after midnight...and I do still have to go to work the next morning! Still, it's all completely worth it. :)

First off, I have very limited daylight to cook with since I usually don't get home before 7:00 p.m. And, the rare times I'm home during daylight, I have teenagers who predictably have teenage friends who can make things very distracting when I try to cook. And, I do want to spend some time with my wife when I get home, further cutting into potential cooking time. So, I usually end up cooking after everyone has gone to bed. This can be a challenge in the summertime, since my wife is a teacher, and everyone likes to stay up late. Sometimes, I'm not starting until after midnight...and I do still have to go to work the next morning! Still, it's all completely worth it. :)
Move to Texas. In the summer, it doesn't get dark till about 930 or 10.

Well that's dedication! I hope you will post some of the end results. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom