New to CookingBites? Make your first post here and say HELLO :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Welcome, Rob.

I am a nighttime cook as well, but only on my nights off. Working midnights has caused me to look for a supper type meal between 10 PM and midnight, so I usually have my lunch with my family which is their dinner (whether I am hungry or not, just to be there). I then either take some to work later, or get my dinner at work.

But on my rare nights off, I get to cook for myself, by myself, and how I like things without considerations.
So long as I clean up, my wife only grumbles at me to keep the noise down so late at night.
But there is something to be said for late night cooking.

OK, so, hey, welcome...lol.:highfive::wave::wacky:

HI there, I'm Tammy from California. I am cooking mostly low carb/keto these days. Looking forward to finding new recipes and chatting.

HI there, I'm Tammy from California. I am cooking mostly low carb/keto these days. Looking forward to finding new recipes and chatting.
Welcome to CookingBites. :welcome: Please dive in and post. Tell us what you cooked or ate today here - What did you cook/eat today (April 2017). I don't really understand low keto diets so perhaps you could post something about that. Personally I eat a very low fat diet and probably high carbs! It suits me better.

Hi everyone. Another Yank here. Boston, MA. Married to a "I am a Bloody Englishman" as he was wont to say when he was losing an argument. "Yeah! well and I a Damn Yankee." I did not know that the word "Bloody" was considered a not nice word in his country but was a swear word. But fine in mine. End of argument.
He was from the Lakes District and let me tell you, I had the dangdest time learning his language. I told him once to change the baby's diaper that was sitting in the pile at the end of the crib. After he brought me the "dirty" one and asked me what he should do with it. "Put it with the rest of them." Imagine my surprise the next time I went to change the baby. There was the dirty "Nappy" and I found out the right word in his language. Sitting right on top of the clean ones.
When my youngest daughter was born, he had been hurt at work. So I got a job until he could go back to his job. He was home for a year and our daughter learn to speak from him with a Scottish accent. And she learned to tell me she was a Bonnie Lass. I knew when I was able to stay home and he returned to work, I was going to have a job on my hands trying to get her to speak American. But at the same time I really didn't want to. I thought it sounded so delightful. She sounded just like her Daddy.

I am a scratch cooker. Which means I don't use prepared or boxed foods. If it has to be measured, then I will make it. But I love to bake. I am 78 y.o. and had five kids. Four left. Seventeen great and grandchildren. I think, at last count. I am diabetic, but control it by diet alone. I bake all the cakes, cookies, pies, etc. for the holidays for the whole family. It took a lot of discipline, but I don't even lick my fingers or the beaters. And believe me, it wasn't easy. This past month I have been watching You Tube English History all the way back to William The Conqueror. I love the way Lucy Worsley can spin a story. I learned a lot of it in school and from my husband. But that was eons ago.

So there it is. My crazy history and why I have come here. On the recommendation of another Yank.

Hi Tammy,

(A belated) Welcome to CookingBites
I have a friend who swears by the keto diet for loosing weight and clearing up her arthritis. Every time she returns to an ordinary diet her arthritis flairs up again.

:welcome:

SNSSO
(Site Owner)

Hi everyone. Another Yank here. Boston, MA. Married to a "I am a Bloody Englishman" as he was wont to say when he was losing an argument. "Yeah! well and I a Damn Yankee." I did not know that the word "Bloody" was considered a not nice word in his country but was a swear word. But fine in mine. End of argument.
He was from the Lakes District and let me tell you, I had the dangdest time learning his language. I told him once to change the baby's diaper that was sitting in the pile at the end of the crib. After he brought me the "dirty" one and asked me what he should do with it. "Put it with the rest of them." Imagine my surprise the next time I went to change the baby. There was the dirty "Nappy" and I found out the right word in his language. Sitting right on top of the clean ones.
When my youngest daughter was born, he had been hurt at work. So I got a job until he could go back to his job. He was home for a year and our daughter learn to speak from him with a Scottish accent. And she learned to tell me she was a Bonnie Lass. I knew when I was able to stay home and he returned to work, I was going to have a job on my hands trying to get her to speak American. But at the same time I really didn't want to. I thought it sounded so delightful. She sounded just like her Daddy.

I am a scratch cooker. Which means I don't use prepared or boxed foods. If it has to be measured, then I will make it. But I love to bake. I am 78 y.o. and had five kids. Four left. Seventeen great and grandchildren. I think, at last count. I am diabetic, but control it by diet alone. I bake all the cakes, cookies, pies, etc. for the holidays for the whole family. It took a lot of discipline, but I don't even lick my fingers or the beaters. And believe me, it wasn't easy. This past month I have been watching You Tube English History all the way back to William The Conqueror. I love the way Lucy Worsley can spin a story. I learned a lot of it in school and from my husband. But that was eons ago.

So there it is. My crazy history and why I have come here. On the recommendation of another Yank.
Hi Addie

That is a great introduction!
I used to live in the Lake District many moons ago (and long before I left the UK for Australia - don't let anyone convince you it was for warmer shores... it was a warm (insert scarasm) 2C or 35F this morning when I got up and promptly lit the slow combustion stove (as it is called here!)
I also love cooking everything from scratch - mostly have to being (fatally) allergic to anything with dairy in it (so even bread and margarine has to be double checked!)...

SNSSO
(Site Owner)

Hi there and welcome! :welcome: We are a very friendly bunch here and I can assure you that almost anything you post will be answered. Just dive in. A good place to start is What did you cook/eat today (April 2017)? Just tell us! Or join in The General Chat Thread. I too have four children but absolutely no sign of any grand children!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom