New to CookingBites? Make your first post here and say HELLO :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello all! I am "Charlie", I am a SAHM of 2 grown young men, and I have an in home daycare. I love to bake and cook, but as my husband says~it has to be done with "love!" I am always up for new recipes to try, and I have plenty of taste testers!
Hi Charlie

Welcome to CookingBites

:Welcome:

Where are you from? We have a worldwide audience (I'm actually from the UK but someone offered to pay my husband to live in Australia for 4 years... the rest is now history and we have just completed the first year here.) In your profile settings (hover over your member name in the top right and select Personal Details) you will see a location option. Just knowing a country is useful if you don't want to put where simply because of some of the language barriers across the pond...

Dive straight in. We have a couple of competitions or challenges running in the Competitions and Challenges section - one finishing this Saturday which is based around lemons and the monthly spice challenge has just changed over to mustard. The idea being to come up with recipes featuring these ingredients. If you have a nosey around you will see what others are doing and posting. We love photographs here of the food you are cooking on a day to day basis and for any recipes you may want to upload. Most of the site is pretty obvious and if it isn't just yell over in the Site support and someone will usually assist pretty quickly. And there is a help section, its a little out of date and on my to do list, and its about to be moved - look for CookingBites Room 101.

Great to have you on board.
SNSSO

hi all, I'm Avril - at present, I don't work and enjoy experimenting with recipes - sometimes with success :). I also enjoy baking but as we're (my husband and I) are currently trying to lose weight and on the South Beach diet, all manner of delicious-ness is forbidden.

I grew up in Cape Town, South Africa and recently immigrated to Vancouver, Canada to live with my husband (we lived apart for four years whilst awaiting immigration).

I'm looking forward to getting to know you and to learning about good cooking.

hi all, I'm Avril - at present, I don't work and enjoy experimenting with recipes - sometimes with success :). I also enjoy baking but as we're (my husband and I) are currently trying to lose weight and on the South Beach diet, all manner of delicious-ness is forbidden.

I grew up in Cape Town, South Africa and recently immigrated to Vancouver, Canada to live with my husband (we lived apart for four years whilst awaiting immigration).

Welcome to CookingBites @Avril Ramsey :welcome:. I don't think we have any active members with a South African background. We would love to hear about any South African recipes. Please join in anywhere you want 'What did you cook/eat today (June 2017)' is a good place to start. Just tell us what you ate or cooked. I hope you enjoy our friendly foodie forum.

Hi Avril

Welcome to CookingBites :welcome:

I'm not familiar with the South Beach diet, but I know exactly what you mean about baking, diets and forbidden. However, being in the southern hemisphere (UK overseas workers on temporary visas in Australia) I am using winter as a good excuse not to be on a diet (one I really need after a bad fall broke 11 ribs!) and eating what I want (yet again!)...

Anyhow, please have a good look around and enjoy the site.

SNSSO

Hi there,

I'm Frizz1974, originally from Sydney but now a country mouse. 2 teenage children.

I've always loved food but became obsessed when we really struggled to feed my son who is on the mild end of the autism spectrum.

The Jamie Oliver forums were support & sanity through those years of my life and I'm sad that the forums are closing down.
However, members there suggested moving to this online community.

I can't wait to "meet" you all.

Frizz

Hi there,

I'm Frizz1974, originally from Sydney but now a country mouse. 2 teenage children.

I've always loved food but became obsessed when we really struggled to feed my son who is on the mild end of the autism spectrum.

The Jamie Oliver forums were support & sanity through those years of my life and I'm sad that the forums are closing down.

Frizz
Hi Frizz

Welcome to CookingBites :welcome:
You and I are currently the only members in Australia, though I have only been here for 13 months. I live out in the native bush land east of Canberra.

Best wishes
SNSSO

Frizz

Welcome Frizz. I am also now an ex JO forum member since it closed down (apparently today). The forum software used on this site is far superior to the archaic stuff used on that site. Also there is good forum support here which was not evident during the last few years of JO's forum.

Hi there,

Frizz

Hi there. Welcome to CookingBites :welcome: It is sad about the JO forum. I'm quite a Jamie Oliver fan. Please join in wherever you want.

Hello and my name is Les...recently retired and live at Dalkeith about 6 miles from Edinburgh A wee bit about me When i left school i went straight into the coal mines then at 21 joined the army for 6 years the (The Kings Own Scottish Borderers) who are now disbanded went back to mines until Margaret Thatchers government shut almost all of them..got divorced...Then spent that last years of my working life on the security team at Queen Margaret University at Edinburgh..hobbies are cooking travelling and walking ....not long back from Perth in Australia were my sister and her family live and intend to go back in the future

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom