New to CookingBites? Make your first post here and say HELLO :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello and my name is Les...recently retired and live at Dalkeith about 6 miles from Edinburgh A wee bit about me When i left school i went straight into the coal mines then at 21 joined the army for 6 years the (The Kings Own Scottish Borderers) who are now disbanded went back to mines until Margaret Thatchers government shut almost all of them..got divorced...Then spent that last years of my working life on the security team at Queen Margaret University at Edinburgh..hobbies are cooking travelling and walking ....not long back from Perth in Australia were my sister and her family live and intend to go back in the future
Hi Les

Welcome to CookingBites :welcome:

I know Dalkeith... I have a couple of friends from there despite me now living in Australia! I'm also originally from Scotland, but the west coast however, I have spent many, many holidays with friends somewhat north of you up around Loch Rannoch. A place I love. Sadly walking is no longer an option for me, so being half way around t he world means I don't miss the place quite so much, though I do miss my daily cycle circuit around Loch Rannoch and our once a holiday walk back from Corrour Station back to Rannoch Station no matter what the weather.

SNSSO

Hi Les

Welcome to CookingBites :welcome:

I know Dalkeith... I have a couple of friends from there despite me now living in Australia! I'm also originally from Scotland, but the west coast however, I have spent many, many holidays with friends somewhat north of you up around Loch Rannoch. A place I love. Sadly walking is no longer an option for me, so being half way around t he world means I don't miss the place quite so much, though I do miss my daily cycle circuit around Loch Rannoch and our once a holiday walk back from Corrour Station back to Rannoch Station no matter what the weather.

SNSSO
Well Well Well you certainly know your way about... Rannoch Moor can be a big challenge to people walking the west highland way when the weather is good its fine but when it changes for the bad Rannoch is a dour dreak place and it can catch out a lot of unsuspecting visitors..but i can feel that you still have strong memories of Scotland Les :wave:

Well Well Well you certainly know your way about... Rannoch Moor can be a big challenge to people walking the west highland way when the weather is good its fine but when it changes for the bad Rannoch is a dour dreak place and it can catch out a lot of unsuspecting visitors..but i can feel that you still have strong memories of Scotland Les :wave:
We used to live on the WWW just south of Rannoch Moor. I know the place inside out, not quite a local but...
We were only last at Loch Rannoch less than 18 months ago. In fact it was while we were there that we decided to come out here for a few years. Someone offered to pay us to come and live in Australia.... who is going to turn that down now?

Hi all!
We are Slobi&Goci and we like cooking. We are here to learn and to share what we have learned!

Hi all!
We are Slobi&Goci and we like cooking. We are here to learn and to share what we have learned!

Hi

Welcome to CookingBites
:welcome:

Where are you based? Which country. It's useful to edit your location and add it so that there is less chance of a misunderstanding over culinary terms.

SNSSO

Thanks for welcoming!
We are from Serbia. We'll add our location.
Whereabouts in Serbia? I cycled from Hungary through to FROM (the official name of Macedonia) about 5 years ago at the start of a very cold spell of weather. We didn't see much because we early spent most of our time cycling in dense freezing fog with the exception of a couple of glorious days when we went off into the mountains. We found the people most welcoming and very helpful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom