New to CookingBites? Make your first post here and say HELLO :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, its sunny right now! :sun:Which University are you studying at?

It's lovely here :sun:

I'm at Henley Business School - completing my Flexible MBA. It's been a great course over the past 2 years (distance learning) and has changed my outlook on many things - made me realise what's important to me, etc.

Hello everyone, I'm Kyle i currently reside in Oregon. My occupation is father of 2 as well as well what a lot of coworkers call a mercenary cook. I jump around job to job dependant on pay and challenge. Once the job is either not enough to support my girls or it no longer challenges me i usually leave to the next restraunt. A lot of the time i leave as an on call worker still coming back to do the odd job ev ery now and again. But with this life style i dont have time to test out my own creations and recipes, i dream up a lot of ideas and can come up with delicious meals on the fly. So i decided why keep them locked away why not share it with other people so here I am. Hi

Welcome to CookingBites @KopperCupfoot.:welcome: We are a friendly lot here and love people to join in. Tell us what you cooked or ate today in What did you cook/eat today (September 2017)? That is a good place to get to know people. Or join in one of our challenges - we have three running at the moment:

The Spice Challenge - Spice of the Month (September 2017): Saffron (prize on offer for this one!).
The CookingBites Recipe Challenge: Peppers (any sort including chillies and peppercorns).
The CookingBites Cookalong: Boeuf Bourguignon or Mushroom Bourguignon.

Its all about having fun and exchanging ideas about our passion for cooking. I hope you enjoy it here. :D

Hello everyone, I'm Kyle i currently reside in Oregon. My occupation is father of 2 as well as well what a lot of coworkers call a mercenary cook. I jump around job to job dependant on pay and challenge. Once the job is either not enough to support my girls or it no longer challenges me i usually leave to the next restraunt. A lot of the time i leave as an on call worker still coming back to do the odd job ev ery now and again. But with this life style i dont have time to test out my own creations and recipes, i dream up a lot of ideas and can come up with delicious meals on the fly. So i decided why keep them locked away why not share it with other people so here I am. Hi

Sounds exactly like when my girls were small.
I mostly juggled bars and high end catering but still...was a chore sometimes getting to class on time (nursing school) but once it is in your blood.... you know it.
Loved it so much that I always had my finger in one pie or another up until I retired from the nursing gig and then some.
The girls learned much as well...re work ethics and such.
So welcome fellow gypsy!

It seems that I have missed quite a few new member introductions whilst I was 'away' in hospital so if I am missed you, my apologies and please accept this welcome to CookingBites.
After 2 months, I am now finally home after what my doctors calls "a bloody good attempt at killing myself!"
(I had a severe case of a rare form of double pneumonia which was complicated by being a chronic asthmatic with adrenal gland issues - I'm steroid dependent).

:welcome:

SNSSO
(Site Owner).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom