Newer is coming

Home Liu

Local time
6:39 PM
Hi,everyone ,I am new from China. I like cooking and taking photoes,then sharing nice food pictures with others. But I like eating beafsteak and would like to try other western food. So I am coming here for learning the western cooking from you all. I will sharing some chinese food by myself here for those who love chinese food. Thank you.

Welcome to CookingBites @Home Liu. :welcome: We aim to be a supportive and friendly community and we love new members. Feel free to join in discussions or start a new thread. You can tell us what you ate today in out regular thread.What did you cook, eat or drink today, January 2019. We also generally have some fun challenges running - there are two at the moment. See here: The CookingBites Challenges.

Please feel free to post a new thread or join in our discussions. We have many fans of Chinese food here who I'm sure would like to see your cooking and photos.

@Home Liu Welcome! Chinese restaurants are very popular here. After you have tried some of them, we would enjoy hearing how you liked them. My wife worked with a China-born lady years ago who claimed the food served in our Chinese restaurants was mostly made to appeal to American tastes, and was not like real Chinese food at all.

We would love to know if that is true!
impish

@Home Liu Welcome! Chinese restaurants are very popular here. After you have tried some of them, we would enjoy hearing how you liked them. My wife worked with a China-born lady years ago who claimed the food served in our Chinese restaurants was mostly made to appeal to American tastes, and was not like real Chinese food at all.

We would love to know if that is true!
impish
I like chinese food, because I am chinese. I have been eatting chinese food when I was born. I always remember the hometown taste in the other cities. It's natural, and we cannot explain it. In short, chinese food is spicy, salty, oily etc, for that the stuffs grow in China, and we all chinese people used to cooking in our special ways all the time.
And we cannot deny that everything, including food, always changes. Different ingredients have their different flavours, and so is the taste of people from different places. That's the reason why that friend of your wife said that. We are not able to copy the food with the raw materials from other states. Appealling to local people's tastes is the right way to operate restaurants. Being a chinese, I can tell you the fact the SiChuan food in GuangDong province is less spicy and little salty than it in SiChuan province, for appealling to the GuangDong people. And we believe that Chinese cannot eat the real beefsteak in China. I heard that porterhouse steak in America is very popular, and people need queue for 3 months.Only when I will be in America some day I can enjoy it.

Welcome! You will find that "Western food" has the influence of many cultures to thank. In the US we have regional food, which has the influence of those that settled in those regions.

@Home Liu I must humbly thank you for your answer. There is still, and always has been, great differences of understanding between American people and Chinese. The presence of someone like yourself helps greatly to relieve such lack of understanding. We can thank the internet in part for that.

I just noted after reading your post that you are located in China! impish

Back
Top Bottom