Next dish/recipe for the Cookalong?

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK - almost everyone interested in the challenge has replied. The dish which had the most mentions, I think, was paella. So I propose we go for that. Its very versatile in terms of ingredients (besides the rice) and can be vegetarian/vegan. I'll start a new thread later today and post up a starter recipe.

I must confess, I have never made paella. In fact, whisper it quitely, I don't believe that I have ever eaten paella. Hey ho, I guess it's time to amend that situation...

Wasn't there a bit of a spat last year between Jamie Oliver and the Spanish about authentic paella? Seem to remember a thread about it.

Wasn't there a bit of a spat last year between Jamie Oliver and the Spanish about authentic paella? Seem to remember a thread about it.

Yep! It was to do with the inclusion of chorizo. Silly really as in my searches I've found tons of UK recipes for paella which contain it so he isn't the only culprit. He just happened to tweet about it! Personally I think it overpowers the dish and never use it. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ncluding-chorizo-recipe-traditional-dish.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom