Review Ninja Foodi. Looks like a Robot Chef!!

Discussion in 'Kitchen Appliances, Cookware, Cookbooks & Recipes' started by Shermie, Mar 14, 2019.

1. Shermie

Shermie Über Member

Last edited: Mar 14, 2019
  2. The Late Night Gourmet

The Late Night Gourmet Über Member

This looks cool...and the price is reasonable, too. I'm intrigued by the fact that it claims to be able to crisp in a pressure cooker. I have crisped things - by mistake - in a pressure cooker, but not in a good way (this is what happens when you don't put enough liquid in before sealing the lid).

When I saw the title of the thread, I thought you were talking about something like this!

[​IMG]

Yorky, Shermie and morning glory like this.
  3. Shermie

Shermie Über Member

Hah!! Cool, but that isn't exactly what I had in mind. Nice try!! The outer lid is where the heating element & cyclone fan are. It stays attached to the cooker, whether it is open or closed. A slightly smaller lid fits onto the unit for pressure cooking.

it is also called Tendercrisp. :wink:

Last edited: Mar 20, 2019 at 9:24 AM
  4. Shermie

Shermie Über Member

Robot B9 from Lostin Space & Robbie..jpg

Robbie (on the right) also was a cook in the film Forbidden Planet.

5. rascal

rascal Senior Member

Danger will Robinson.

Russ

Shermie likes this.
  6. Shermie

Shermie Über Member

I knew that someone would say that!!! Use the Ninja Foodi, or I'll put you in the cornfield!!! NOW!!!! Hah!! :hyper::wacky: Anthony is mad!!.jpg

Last edited: Mar 20, 2019 at 9:25 AM
  7. morning glory

morning glory Obsessive cook Staff Member

I've just seen this advertised on UK TV so its obviously being pushed over here too. £179 - (about $238) which is not cheap!

rascal likes this.
  8. Shermie

Shermie Über Member

Here, you have the option of getting a lot of stuff (accessories) with it, which drives up the selling price to close to about
    $375. If you just want the unit, it's just a little over $200. I just want the unit. Not that other crap!! That and just the recipe books. :wink:

rascal likes this.
  9. Shermie

Shermie Über Member

It's just a gimmick to get you to buy all that stuff & pay even more money!! Born at night, NOT LAST NIGHT!!!! :mad:

10. Shermie

Shermie Über Member

There is no difference between the 6-qt & 8-qt models. The inner pots are the same size. Only difference is that the air-fry basket is slightly larger & the 8-qt model has higher wattage. That's all. :(

Last edited: Mar 16, 2019 at 2:31 AM