Old favourite dropped from Quality Street

Not the first time, and if they, Nestle, can get get rid of the toffee's, production can be moved outside the UK.
Gone
  • Brazil (the original 'Purple One' with Brazil nut, replaced with hazelnut version)
  • Chocolate Strawberry Cream (now replaced with Strawberry Delight)
  • Chocolate Toffee Cup (now replaced with Caramel Swirl)
  • Hazelnut Cracknell (red wrapper)
  • Hazelnut Eclair
  • Rolo (Not to be confused with later Chocolate Toffee Cup which had a darker wrapping)
  • Coconut Eclair (Green Wrapper)
  • Chocolate Nut Toffee Cream
  • Fudge (Purple wrapper)
  • Malt Toffee (replaced with toffee deluxe as a "new" flavour)
  • Toffee Deluxe (brown wrapper, similar in size and shape to the Coconut. Do not confuse with with later versions.)
  • Milk Chocolate Round (now replaced with Milk Choc Block in green wrapper)
  • Peanut Cracknell (blue wrapper)
  • Coffee Cream (brown wrapper, same size and shape as the strawberry cream)
  • Almond Octagon (purple wrapper)
  • Vanilla Octagon
  • Gooseberry Cream (green wrapper light green fondant with a touch of Gooseberry Preserve covered in milk chocolate)
  • Apricot Delight (blue wrapper, square chunk, apricot flavored jelly covered in milk chocolate)
  • Toffee Square (metallic pink wrapper, a small square of very hard toffee)
  • Chocolate Truffle (brown square chunk, a soft truffle filling covered in milk chocolate)
  • Montelimar Nougat
  • Fruits of the Forest Creme (pale purple wrapper)
Current
  • Milk Chocolate Purple One (Hazelnut with caramel) (purple wrapper)
  • Chocolate Green Triangle (Noisette Pate) (green wrapper, triangular, foil)
  • Chocolate Toffee Finger (gold wrapper, stick)
  • Strawberry Delight (red wrapper, circular)
  • Caramel Swirl (yellow wrapper, circular, foil)
  • Milk Choc Block (green wrapper)
  • Orange Crunch (orange wrapper, octagonal, foil)
  • Orange Creme (orange wrapper)
  • Vanilla Fudge (pink wrapper)
  • Coconut Eclair (blue wrapper)
  • Toffee Penny (gold wrapper, circular)
  • Honeycomb Crunch (golden brown wrapper)
The "Penny" caused problems for the wrappers(machines) as it had to be wrapped whilst still warm. This lead to wrappers sticking to every nook and cranny of of it's shape.

Not the first time, and if they, Nestle, can get get rid of the toffee's, production can be moved outside the UK.
Gone
  • Brazil (the original 'Purple One' with Brazil nut, replaced with hazelnut version)
  • Chocolate Strawberry Cream (now replaced with Strawberry Delight)
  • Chocolate Toffee Cup (now replaced with Caramel Swirl)
  • Hazelnut Cracknell (red wrapper)
  • Hazelnut Eclair
  • Rolo (Not to be confused with later Chocolate Toffee Cup which had a darker wrapping)
  • Coconut Eclair (Green Wrapper)
  • Chocolate Nut Toffee Cream
  • Fudge (Purple wrapper)
  • Malt Toffee (replaced with toffee deluxe as a "new" flavour)
  • Toffee Deluxe (brown wrapper, similar in size and shape to the Coconut. Do not confuse with with later versions.)
  • Milk Chocolate Round (now replaced with Milk Choc Block in green wrapper)
  • Peanut Cracknell (blue wrapper)
  • Coffee Cream (brown wrapper, same size and shape as the strawberry cream)
  • Almond Octagon (purple wrapper)
  • Vanilla Octagon
  • Gooseberry Cream (green wrapper light green fondant with a touch of Gooseberry Preserve covered in milk chocolate)
  • Apricot Delight (blue wrapper, square chunk, apricot flavored jelly covered in milk chocolate)
  • Toffee Square (metallic pink wrapper, a small square of very hard toffee)
  • Chocolate Truffle (brown square chunk, a soft truffle filling covered in milk chocolate)
  • Montelimar Nougat
  • Fruits of the Forest Creme (pale purple wrapper)
Current
  • Milk Chocolate Purple One (Hazelnut with caramel) (purple wrapper)
  • Chocolate Green Triangle (Noisette Pate) (green wrapper, triangular, foil)
  • Chocolate Toffee Finger (gold wrapper, stick)
  • Strawberry Delight (red wrapper, circular)
  • Caramel Swirl (yellow wrapper, circular, foil)
  • Milk Choc Block (green wrapper)
  • Orange Crunch (orange wrapper, octagonal, foil)
  • Orange Creme (orange wrapper)
  • Vanilla Fudge (pink wrapper)
  • Coconut Eclair (blue wrapper)
  • Toffee Penny (gold wrapper, circular)
  • Honeycomb Crunch (golden brown wrapper)
The "Penny" caused problems for the wrappers(machines) as it had to be wrapped whilst still warm. This lead to wrappers sticking to every nook and cranny of of it's shape.

So which are the original ones which remain?

Sadly I can't read the Telegraph article, it is a subscription only basis.
Is that the big disc? I used to love that one. My Grannie used to have a tin and we were allowed 2 each on our way home from staying at her place every Wednesday night. I think the idea was that they kept us quiet in the car. I always went for either the hazelnut one or the toffee ones.

Is that the big disc? I used to love that one. My Grannie used to have a tin and we were allowed 2 each on our way home from staying at her place every Wednesday night. I think the idea was that they kept us quiet in the car. I always went for either the hazelnut one or the toffee ones.
You'd be thinking of the old Toffee Deluxe, same size & shape as the Coconut Eclair. The "Penny" was the circular one, hence the name.

Oh sorry. Its free in the UK so I didn't know. This is a problem if we are posting links to news reports in general, I think. :(:scratchhead:

You'd be thinking of the old Toffee Deluxe, same size & shape as the Coconut Eclair. The "Penny" was the circular one, hence the name.
No I have been able to double check. I'm thinking of both the toffee penny and toffee fingers. They were the ones I always went for. But it is over 15 years since I last had any!

Oh sorry. Its free in the UK so I didn't know. This is a problem if we are posting links to news reports in general, I think. :(:scratchhead:
This time it let me in to the article! Strange. But then my tablet detailed to eBay UK earlier not eBay Australia as well so it could be that!

Missing from the earlier list:
Coffee Cream (Square, dark brown wrapper)
Toffee (Same size and shape as Malt Toffee. Yellow Wrapper. Same wrapping process as "Pennys" used for a while, then wrapped cold).

Wonder if my Silver Jubilee Tin would be safe to eat.

Not a big fan of quality street ,seems the dog was eating more than us,but every year the tins get less in and some companies have changed the wrappings using a loose wrapper to make the tin look more full up

Back
Top Bottom