Old favourite dropped from Quality Street

Limited item anyway. Only given to the families of the factory where it(Quality Street) was made at the time.

Non-standard tin as well.
There's a point, doesn't chocolate go bad and white over time? I doubt any could be eaten now.
If not kept airtight! These are in an airtight tin, that then had a seal applied.
They don't do that last part anymore, but they do put a seal on a bottle of pop!

Limited item anyway. Only given to the families of the factory where it(Quality Street) was made at the time.

Non-standard tin as well.
If not kept airtight! These are in an airtight tin, that then had a seal applied.
They don't do that last part anymore, but they do put a seal on a bottle of pop!
You'll be tucking in then, come this Christmas?

But it is not air or more accurately oxygen that causes chocolate to go white.

That whiteness is usually either a sugar or fast bloom, so where the sugar or fat had seperated from the chocolate suspension not oxidation on the surface of the chocolate. It's why chocolate should not be stored in a fridge and why it should not be left in a warm or hot car. Nothing to do with how airtight the container is.

Might be worth more to a chocolate museum or whomever owns/makes Quality Street chocolates now
Nestle!
They bought out Rowntree, who'd bought out Mackintosh's
But not me on account of it not being able to come through customs...

:whistling:
Depends. They allow some to go through, so that they can follow them.

Wonder how far a box with
Documents Enclosed label/bag with SatNavSayStraightOn
Canberra
Australia

would get?

Last edited:
Nestle!
They bought out Rowntree, who'd bought out Mackintosh's

Depends. They allow some to go through, so that they can follow them.

Wonder how far a box with
Documents Enclosed label/bag with SatNavSayStraightOn
Canberra
Australia

would get?
Probably not that far unless you intend for me to drive, whilst taking too much morphine, with 4 broken ribs (1quite nasty) to Canberra airport to collect it. I don't live in ACT!

:laugh:

Plus of course I would need dark chocolate only and dark chocolate with no milk products in it. :whistling:

Probably not that far unless you intend for me to drive, whilst taking too much morphine, with 4 broken ribs (1quite nasty) to Canberra airport to collect it. I don't live in ACT!

:laugh:

Plus of course I would need dark chocolate only and dark chocolate with no milk products in it. :whistling:
It'll have the Penny, the Toffee and the Malt Toffee though! Last two haven't been in for years, with the Malt Toffee going first. Toublerone, Green Triangular foil wrapped, would fit the bill chocolatewise.

Well, Crunchie Cream has replaced the Toffee Deluxe.

Question now is, how much longer will production continue in the UK. Assuming it's a genuine replacement, and not just to push the sales up over their rivals over this period.

The other other question is would you still buy it under whatever name they give the selection(Quality Street being trademarked to a town). So if production is moved abroad, they've to legally drop the name. As they found out when they tried before.

Back
Top Bottom