Old-time food processor

Local time
9:29 AM
Anyone remember this type of food processor? I can remember seeing my mother using one of these. It worked quite well, actually. The only difference is that it was not an electrical item, as most gadgets are nowadays, so one had to work harder at getting the items processed. Even though the method took longer, the final result was as good as, or better than what we get from the modern-day food processors?

You just placed the items in the container at top, and turn the lever.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRFw9pds0oq46RL1zNI8S_j4XE0s771Dknvk1v_TYUPITN-sRci0g.jpg

My mum had one. It was made of metal and it clamped to the edge of the table. It had a very big handle. And it weighed a bloomin ton.

The one in your image is a food mill for vegetables. There is also an old fashioned mincing machine (mincer) which is probably what @welsh dragon refers to. They are still around but not used nearly as much anymore. You can still buy both kinds. This is the mincer for meat:

images.jpg

The one in your image is a food mill for vegetables. There is also an old fashioned mincing machine (mincer) which is probably what @welsh dragon refers to. They are still around but not used nearly as much anymore. You can still buy both kinds. This is the mincer for meat:

This one definitely looks familiar and more resembles the one which my mother used. Yes, I now remember that it used to be attached to the table and it was a dark grey in colour. The one in my photo is also used for processing, but is for vegetables. I did not know the mincers were still around. They used to do a good job though. I can remember meat as well as fruit being minced in these processors.

We had one in our house, very heavy if I remember correctly. I did not enjoy using it at all.

Back
Top Bottom