Local time
2:41 PM
You need:
  • 100 gr all purpose flour
  • 30 gr corn flour
  • 1 tsp baking powder
  • 2 Tbs sugar
  • 1/4 tsp cumin
  • 3 Tbs unsalted butter (room temperature)
  • 1 egg
  • 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
  • 1/2 cup Kalamata olives chopped in small pieces
  • sesame
How to:

• Sift the flour, corn flour, baking powder and cumin with a sifter, in a bowl.
  • In a different bowl, mix the butter, sugar and cheese for 2-3 minutes and then add the egg.
  • Keep mixing, and slowly add the flour mixture. Mixing with a spatula.
  • Lastly add the olives and mix.

• Form the mixture into a loaf shape, and place it in a tray. If you want sprinkle some sesame on top.

• Bake in a preheated oven at 350 F, for about 20 minutes.
  • Take them out and let them rest for 10 minutes. When they are cool enough cut them in slices and bake them again until the desire crunchiness (about 20 more minutes)

Good luck!

Has anyone made these? They look good to accompany an antipasto board...
Blimey - that is an old post. I have never even seen it before as it was posted long before I joined the forum. Not that it is a problem @Frizz1974. But you certainly won't get a reply from the poster who joined on the 10th September 2013 and hasn't been seen since September 14th 2013!

The recipe sounds as if it could work. Perhaps @MypinchofItaly makes her own biscotti? I confess I have never tried.

Blimey - that is an old post. I have never even seen it before as it was posted long before I joined the forum. Not that it is a problem @Frizz1974. But you certainly won't get a reply from the poster who joined on the 10th September 2013 and hasn't been seen since September 14th 2013!

The recipe sounds as if it could work. Perhaps @MypinchofItaly makes her own biscotti? I confess I have never tried.

I have never tried too to make this recipe. I have a bit confused the name of biscuits, which in Italian indicates sweet biscuits ... anyway, looks interesting.
I have prepared some months ago biscuits made with extra virgin olive oil filled with cherry jam.

I have never tried too to make this recipe. I have a bit confused the name of biscuits, which in Italian indicates sweet biscuits ... anyway, looks interesting.
I have prepared some months ago biscuits made with extra virgin olive oil filled with cherry jam.
The cherry jam & olive oil combination sounds interesting.

Any chance you would like to share the recipe with me? Please?

Your Italian biscuits look very good.
You did not confuse the word. The problem is the English language. It depends on which continent you are on what words mean in English. Just post, we can all translate.

Your Italian biscuits look very good.
You did not confuse the word. The problem is the English language. It depends on which continent you are on what words mean in English. Just post, we can all translate.

Oh ok thank you. In Italian the word "biscotti" is only for sweet "cookies" (is this American English?). What make me think is however the Italian name, i.e. Biscotti..I thought was universal for all countries.

Oh ok thank you. In Italian the word "biscotti" is only for sweet "cookies" (is this American English?). What make me think is however the Italian name, i.e. Biscotti..I thought was universal for all countries.

The word biscotti itself (according to my research) simply means twice baked. But in the UK biscotti would normally be regarded as a sweet biscuit just as it is in Italy.

Back
Top Bottom