One-Pot Chicken Broccoli & Rice Casserole.

GadgetGuy

(Formerly Shermie)
Local time
1:11 PM
I want to make this, but the recipe is calling for UNCOOKED rice. Is there a recipe that calls for COOKED rice? I have a big bowl of cooked basmati rice in the fridge. I don't want to cook MORE rice on top of what I have already cooked!! That doesn't make any sense to me! Please help if you can. The recipe sounds really good!! :whistling:

Last edited by a moderator:
View attachment 103519
I want to make this, but the recipe is calling for UNCOOKED rice. Is there a recipe that calls for COOKED rice? I have a big bowl of cooked basmati rice in the fridge. I don't want to cook MORE rice on top of what I have already cooked!! That doesn't make any sense to me! Please help if you can. The recipe sounds really good!! :whistling:

I would imagine you could just add the rice near the end so it warms through but doesn't cook anymore.

CD

I would imagine you could just add the rice near the end so it warms through but doesn't cook anymore.

CD

I was planning to assemble it all together add the rice with it & bake the mixture in the oven. since everything is cold, I believe that since the rice has to warm up anyway, since cold cooked rice is usually a little on the hard side. The chicken breast has to be boiled, then cooled down so that it can be cubed up anyway, since it is raw. :whistling:

I'm going to use THIS recipe. it allows the use of rice already cooked. I thought that there was one that uses rice already cooked. If I didn't have rice already cooked, that's different. Saves me from having to cook even more rice, to which I thought was crazy. I'm going to use cream of chicken soup instead of making a bechamel sauce. Link below. I got all of the stuff, so, I'll do it tomorrow. I think that it's going to be good! I'll also post a pic of it when it comes out of the oven!! I'm all hyped up for it!!!! :whistling:

Broccoli Rice Casserole from Scratch

Last edited:
I'm going to make this again today. Last time that I did it, it came out soggy because I thought that I could get away with using cooked rice!! This time, I'm using UNCOOKED rice to see if it is a success. It should be, but who knows? Wish me luck, please. Thanks. :whistling:

I'm going to make this again today. Last time that I did it, it came out soggy because I thought that I could get away with using cooked rice!! This time, I'm using UNCOOKED rice to see if it is a success. It should be, but who knows? Wish me luck, please. Thanks. :whistling:
It’ll be great!

Back
Top Bottom