One Year Anniversary

Discussion in 'The CookingBites Cafe' started by detroitdad, Feb 2, 2019.

1. detroitdad

detroitdad Senior Member

I just hit my one year as a cookingbites forum member.

Thank you ladies and gentlemen. I know I'm not as active as some. I try when I can. My kitchen skills and dinner imagination has taken off because of this site. Hell, I made a Jamaican with a banana sauce that was fantastic. A year ago I would have never done that. I've made so many new dishes in the last year that never would have hit my table if it wasn't this fantastic place.

A local member has even fallen in love with one of my BBQ sauces (you know who you are lol).

I'm going to try and come up with a give away. It will probably be a poker related give away lol. Its what I have.

I have a busy day today. Car heads to the garage (recall), breakfast with my son (I'll post pictures), then poker tonight at a friends house.

I really want to say Thanks one more time.

Bill

rascal, morning glory and epicuric like this.
  2. morning glory

morning glory Obsessive cook Staff Member

Thank you @detroitdad! You aren't the only one who has learned loads from being here - I joined in 2015 and although I was a decent cook I am now a million times better and more confident. Plus - I'd never taken a food photo in my life before! Thanks to CB I've got probably over 100 recipes I've developed inspired but the challenges and other members' cooking.

rascal and detroitdad like this.
  3. Lullabelle

Lullabelle Midlands, England

Congratulations @detroitdad :cheers:

I may not be the best cook in the world but I have learned many things from this forum too-food and culture.

I look forward to many more years of chatting with you and everyone else on here, swapping recipes and stories.

detroitdad and morning glory like this.
  4. rascal

rascal Senior Member

Looking at your posts I thought you must have been here a while. I got a few months to go,lol

Russ

detroitdad and morning glory like this.