Ingredients

2 tbsp. butter
2 c. finely chopped yellow onions
1/4 tsp. herbes de Provence
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. Freshly ground pepper
4 egg yolks
1 1/2 c. half-and-half

1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. In a medium skillet, melt butter. Add yellow onions and cook until soft and translucent, about 8 minutes. Stir in herbes de Provence, salt, and pepper, and cook 1 minute more. Remove from heat and cool slightly.
  2. Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, whisk egg yolks with half-and-half, then stir in onion mixture. Divide evenly among six 4-ounce ramekins or oven-safe pottery cups. Place in a large baking pan with 2-inch sides. Pour enough boiling water in pan to come halfway up sides of ramekins and transfer to oven. Bake until custards are just set, about 30 minutes. Remove dishes from hot water bath.
  3. Serve custards warm.
http://www.countryliving.com/food-drinks/recipes/a3076/onion-custards-recipe/

Onion Custards
View attachment 13554

Ingredients

2 tbsp. butter
2 c. finely chopped yellow onions
1/4 tsp. herbes de Provence
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. Freshly ground pepper
4 egg yolks
1 1/2 c. half-and-half

1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. In a medium skillet, melt butter. Add yellow onions and cook until soft and translucent, about 8 minutes. Stir in herbes de Provence, salt, and pepper, and cook 1 minute more. Remove from heat and cool slightly.
  2. Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, whisk egg yolks with half-and-half, then stir in onion mixture. Divide evenly among six 4-ounce ramekins or oven-safe pottery cups. Place in a large baking pan with 2-inch sides. Pour enough boiling water in pan to come halfway up sides of ramekins and transfer to oven. Bake until custards are just set, about 30 minutes. Remove dishes from hot water bath.
  3. Serve custards warm.
http://www.countryliving.com/food-drinks/recipes/a3076/onion-custards-recipe/

Reminds me of onion flan!:hungry:

@classic33

Exceptional idea .. ( minus the milk / cream .. )

This could work with or without the dairy .. Perhaps with Creme Fraîche or put in the whole egg instead of just the yolks .. I have to show it to one of my daughter in laws who owns a Creperie and Mom and see what they think ..

Have a nice evening ..

Back
Top Bottom