Only 4 gadgets for the next month

My oven has a built-in timer, so I could still use it without it being included as a separate item :D
Ditto!

For recipes, I still mostly use my memory, old cook books and notebook. I still prefer to print off new recipes from the Internet and put it on my book stand or blue tack it to the cupboard in front of me.

Only electric "gadget" is our coffee maker... need my morning caffeine...and strong.....

Measuring spoons....not a good estimator...
Oven proof sauté/fry pan.....can make most of my fav dishes in that..
Timer....again... not a good estimator...

That's four......(assume oven/stove is a given).

Ditto!

For recipes, I still mostly use my memory, old cook books and notebook. I still prefer to print off new recipes from the Internet and put it on my book stand or blue tack it to the cupboard in front of me.
I started printing off my favourite recipes and putting them in a folder but there are way too many now. In theory I've got enough recipes to last me for years without eating the same thing twice, but that would never happen.

@Dados1950 I've virtually given up with measuring spoons. A lot of my recipes use good old-fashioned imperial measurement spoons, where a tablespoon = 2 dessertspoons or 4 teaspoons. The tea- and dessertspoons I have were bought for me by my Mum way before changing to metric measurements, and the tablespoons were hers and most likely date from the 1920s. Seeing as I do like soups, stews, and curries etc I wouldn't be able to eat if I didn't have my spoons :wink:

Since my previous selection I have come to the conclusion that I would really miss a grater for cheese as well as carrots etc..
I would also really miss my lovely flexible spatula that gets the last dregs of mixture from the bowl or jar.

Since my previous selection I have come to the conclusion that I would really miss a grater for cheese as well as carrots etc..
I would also really miss my lovely flexible spatula that gets the last dregs of mixture from the bowl or jar.

Depends what you are doing with grated cheese - I often don't bother to grate it but just cut in small pieces to add to cheese sauce or slice it thinly for melting over the top of things.

Back
Top Bottom