Our garden edibles

We have a small backyard but it is replete with edibles like herbs, spices and vegetables not to mention fruits. It is not really to save on money but to experience the joy of harvesting and eating what we have planted. The backyard farmer is my husband who has that so called green thumb.

Before I continue, let me share the photo of our American lemon which is heavily fruiting with some ripe fruits already.View attachment 1054
That is a nice pictue Corzhens. What is that in terms of the vegetables? It looks something like an avocado. I am not certain from looking. Or is it a mango?

@Corzhens That's quite a bounty you got there! Funny I have been eating mulberries most of my life without knowing their name:roflmao:. They grow everywhere back in the country and we compete eating them with the birds.

Hey this looks exciting. You must have a very big yard to plant on? I envy you Corhenz those lemons and bananas are free of pesticides right? How I wish I can grown my own and harvest them for later use. Do you by any chance sell these fruits in the market? They look organic to me.

We actually have a small backyard garden that is about 50 square meters only although the small space in the side of the house is made into a planter box. Yes, we do not use pesticides although when the infestation is too much, we spray malathion (but we rinse it after 1 hour). We never sell whatever we harvest, we just give away to neighbors and I bring some to the office for the benefit of my colleagues.

Here is the pineapple that we harvested recently. It is the one and only pineapple plant in our garden.
IMG_0620 pinya.JPG

Oh my this is really exciting how I wish I can also plant and harvest my own pineapple. It amazes me to see that this is how it really looks in the farm. Maybe if you got a bigger place it will be a good idea to sell your crops right? I think the experience of having to grow and eat your own food is incomparable. Hope you upload more photos

Back
Top Bottom