Outdoor Cooking Despite the Weather?

HappilyHungry

Veteran
Local time
12:53 PM
So, I live in an area where it never seems to stop raining, and when I am able to "access the sun" outside, the wind and other factors all seem to be on a mission toward "putting out the fire of my grill".

Now, I don't own a tent, although I've gotten advice that this might be a great method through which I could "have my cake and eat it too" by being able to grill and engage in outdoor cooking despite the inclement weather conditions.
But my personal assertion has always been that there must be another way, because trust me, the frustration is more than overwhelming! Is it that people who live in rainy/windy conditions just can't enjoy the outdoor cooking life?
I've even wanted to do some simple outdoor camping, with a bonfire etc, in my backyard with my family, but so far, it hasn't been possible!

Can you guys give me some suggestions as to ways that I can fight these contrary weather conditions and actually "fire up my grill"?!

I'd really appreciate it!

grilling.jpg

I actually tried cooking on my front porch area, but the smoke carried straight into my neighbors house. They made a big stink about it and mentioned something about a fire code. I thought that was uncalled for. They could of just been nice about it. You could build or buy a temporary tent structure made of sturdy metal. Just keep the fire low and you should be fine. Just make sure you neighbors aren't party poopers.

I actually tried cooking on my front porch area, but the smoke carried straight into my neighbors house. They made a big stink about it and mentioned something about a fire code. I thought that was uncalled for. They could of just been nice about it. You could build or buy a temporary tent structure made of sturdy metal. Just keep the fire low and you should be fine. Just make sure you neighbors aren't party poopers.

HAHaaaaa! Hilarious story and much appreciated advice! Mannn, I really do have a funny bone when it comes to "party poopers". They're really so annoying, and somehow I think they take pleasure in being annoying and having their behavior actually impact us negatively. So, in response to that kind of cynicism on their part, what I've found to be the most appropriate response varies between literally laughing at them so that they can see that we're not affected at all but actually humored (this actually confuses them), or even just being silent. Either way, their stinky behavior will be shown to have no real power over us, and eventually they're tactics will die down.
In the meantime though, I really do appreciate your advice, I'm gonna apply it, especially as it relates to the low heat and the sturdy metal temporary tent.
Looking forward to being able to enjoy my outdoor experience!

Back
Top Bottom