Oven Broken

Our gas range has the same problem. We have an oven cum griller - the oven has the fire at the bottom while the griller has the fire at the ceiling. The oven is okay as we have tested several times. But the griller when used emits an odor that is indescribable which makes us teary-eyed. We already called a technician and he replaced the insulation, saying it was an old type of material. After paying more than $10 for the job, the result is still the same - the griller emits a peculiar odor that hurts the eye. I wonder what is causing it. Take note that the oven and griller has the same chamber with different location of the fire.

I am getting the hang of making cookies in the large roaster oven. It does take a little longer but I am making it work.

Our gas range has the same problem. We have an oven cum griller - the oven has the fire at the bottom while the griller has the fire at the ceiling. The oven is okay as we have tested several times. But the griller when used emits an odor that is indescribable which makes us teary-eyed. We already called a technician and he replaced the insulation, saying it was an old type of material. After paying more than $10 for the job, the result is still the same - the griller emits a peculiar odor that hurts the eye. I wonder what is causing it. Take note that the oven and griller has the same chamber with different location of the fire.
I have the same problem with my electric oven. I put it down to a combination of heat and all those chemicals they use to coat the oven lining these days. Having said that, I find barbecues affect me in the same way.

The oven light on mine won't go off, but it still works. Was supposed to get a new one, since fixing it would be more expensive than replacing it!! But we'll see.:wacky:

The oven light on mine won't go off, but it still works. Was supposed to get a new one, since fixing it would be more expensive than replacing it!! But we'll see.:wacky:
The light in my previous oven didn't work for ages. Then one day it did come on permanently, shortly before the oven showered everything with sparks and went bang

Back
Top Bottom