Overpackaging of food

cupcakechef

Veteran
Local time
3:43 AM
Japan (expat by way of Australia and USA)
Not sure if some of you may have seen this picture circulating the internet...as one of the laziest foods out there.

avocado-art.jpg

It seems like more and more, "convenience" is coming out to play and we are seeing all manners of things like this in supermarkets. Do you think it's helpful or ridiculous to have things like this being sold?

And I guess another question for all of you - have you seen anything being sold in your supermarket that you'd like to share with us similar to the above picture?

If you mean the fruits that they slice for the convenience of the supermarket's customers then we also have that here. In fact, the SM Hypermart has this fruit corner where there is a wide array of selection of sliced fruits including grapes. You can select the fruits and fill a plastic container for an instant fresh fruit salad. With sliced fruits, usually the watermelon is cut into 4 pieces and wrapped in cellophane. Pineapple are usually in styrofoam packets already sliced and ready to eat. I guess supermarket customers are getting spoiled when it comes to fruits and vegetables.

This problem is all over the world sadly. Our bananas have started to come in packaged. It's ridiculous since the bananas go bad quicker sweating that way.

Packed-Bananas.jpg

IMG_0213.jpg

To me these types of packaging allows more food to waste. I try to avoid these packages and don't get the allready sliced stuff to save money. It like the shredded cheese, I would rather spend money on the solid cheese and shred my own, I get more cheese for the money.

Back
Top Bottom