Recipe Oxford Sausages.

Wyshiepoo

Veteran
Local time
6:28 AM
From, Great British Dishes the Healthy Way. Beef, Lamb and Pork by Lyn Hall.

250g or 9oz pork shoulder.
250g or 9oz veal.
75g or 2¾oz white breadcrumbs.
85g or 3oz vegetable suet.
Grated zest of ½ a lemon.
1 tsp. chopped sage
1 tbsp. chopped parsley.
1 tsp. chopped rosemary.
1 tsp chopped thyme.
½ tsp grated nutmeg.
¼ tsp ground white pepper.
½ tsp salt.
1 egg.
Sausage casing or flour.

Finely chop the pork and veal in a food processor or by hand. Add the remaining ingredients except casings or flour and stir to mix.

Either fill sausage casings or form sausage shapes and flour.

Leave in fridge for several hours or overnight for flavour to develop.

Grill or fry until cooked through.

Thank you for posting. I tried to make my own sausages a while ago for the Recipe Challenge, with mixed results. I even bought a sausage making machine (a hand operated one). I bought it over the internet and unfortunately it turned out to be huge! So unless I was making sausages on a mass scale it was pretty useless. I ended up stuffing cases using a wide necked funnel and the handle of a wooden spoon.

Thank you for posting. I tried to make my own sausages a while ago for the Recipe Challenge, with mixed results. I even bought a sausage making machine (a hand operated one). I bought it over the internet and unfortunately it turned out to be huge! So unless I was making sausages on a mass scale it was pretty useless. I ended up stuffing cases using a wide necked funnel and the handle of a wooden spoon.

I've got a Kenwood Chef Titanium. It has a sausage making attachment which, with a bit of practice, seems to work quite well.

This is from when I originally made them. I was very surprised to find out that they have been in the freezer for 3 years! They didn't taste as good as I recalled, that's probably why.

10953153_955921441106495_2145626580888474833_o.jpg

They do look very professional. Do you make other types of sausage?

Yes, several different fillings. Turkey and bacon, chili chicken, plain pork.

I've bought a couple of books on sausage making and I'll be doing something from these books in the winter.

I'm quite keen on trying out a fish based sausage, but not sure if that would work.

Yes, several different fillings. Turkey and bacon, chili chicken, plain pork.

I've bought a couple of books on sausage making and I'll be doing something from these books in the winter.

I'm quite keen on trying out a fish based sausage, but not sure if that would work.

Fish based sausage... I'm sure someone must have done it! I suppose the thing about sausages is they do contain a certain amount of fat which makes then succulent. Fish is very low on fat so I wonder how that would work.

Fish based sausage... I'm sure someone must have done it! I suppose the thing about sausages is they do contain a certain amount of fat which makes then succulent. Fish is very low on fat so I wonder how that would work.

Seafood sausage, I'm sure I have a recipe somewhere.

Back
Top Bottom