Pancake Day

My wife found a few limes in the market (18 pence):

limes-2 s.jpg

Batter.

[About 350 gms plain flour, 2 eggs, milk/water (40/60) and a pinch of bicarb]

Last edited:
Whey pancakes with stuffed with yoghurt and blueberries for breakfast, two for me and one for the mutt, and six pancakes in the fridge ready for tonight :roflmao:

I used 1 mug of flour, 1 mug of whey, a pinch of bicarb, 1 tbsp olive oil, and 1 large egg, and whisked everything together. The pancakes are thicker than traditional English ones, so I made three and then added a drop more whey to the mix for the thinner English pancakes. There is no need to leave to stand. The mixture does not keep well, so I cook all the pancakes together. They reheat well. They also freeze well, and there is no need to thaw them out - just put them in a pan and reheat one at a time.

Whey pancakes with stuffed with yoghurt and blueberries for breakfast, two for me and one for the mutt, and six pancakes in the fridge ready for tonight :roflmao:

I used 1 mug of flour, 1 mug of whey, a pinch of bicarb, 1 tbsp olive oil, and 1 large egg, and whisked everything together. The pancakes are thicker than traditional English ones, so I made three and then added a drop more whey to the mix for the thinner English pancakes. There is no need to leave to stand. The mixture does not keep well, so I cook all the pancakes together. They reheat well. They also freeze well, and there is no need to thaw them out - just put them in a pan and reheat one at a time.

So you had whey... what did you make to produce the whey? Paneer?

My grandson and I had great fun yesterday. I must say I'm not keen on his idea of having Nutella on them. I had my plain with sugar and lemon.

English pancakes here every time.
Our recipe is slightly different. 4Oz self raising flour, 2 eggs, 1/2 pt milk (non dairy for me), 1dsp caster sugar, 1dsp ice cold water. Easy instructions, all in liquidiser and mix. Allow to stand minimum 1he.
We usually double that for 2 as a main meal and they are cooked as we eat them. Lemon (or lime) and sugar is the only option.

English pancakes here every time.
Our recipe is slightly different. 4Oz self raising flour, 2 eggs, 1/2 pt milk (non dairy for me), 1dsp caster sugar, 1dsp ice cold water. Easy instructions, all in liquidiser and mix. Allow to stand minimum 1he.
We usually double that for 2 as a main meal and they are cooked as we eat them. Lemon (or lime) and sugar is the only option.
I'm surprised at putting sugar in them - especially if you are adding sugar afterwards. To me, the nice part is the lack of sweet pancake contrasted with lemon and a little sugar crunch. In my case very little!

I'm surprised at putting sugar in them - especially if you are adding sugar afterwards. To me, the nice part is the lack of sweet pancake contrasted with lemon and a little sugar crunch. In my case very little!
It's not much sugar and we often only apply lemon juice once cooked. It's my grannie's recipe which I have used for years. 1dessertspoon per 1/2 pt of unsweetened Almond milk... Not much really

Back
Top Bottom