Votes: 9 90.0%
  • Waffles

Votes: 1 10.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

BBFoodThoughts

Local time
3:25 AM
So in my house my husband and I are in conflict on which is better. I understand that they are both different. I understand most people can like both. However, for him it is a texture issue and for me its a substance issue. Can you tell yet I am all about pancakes?!? Anyway do you have your favorite recipes for your favorite? I would love it if you could share.

Thanks,
Beth

What kind of pancakes or waffles? For pancakes I usually fall back to my German roots and go with sour cream pancakes and I prefer Belgian liege waffles that are made with a dough, instead of a batter.

What kind of pancakes or waffles? For pancakes I usually fall back to my German roots and go with sour cream pancakes and I prefer Belgian liege waffles that are made with a dough, instead of a batter.

Good point. In the UK pancakes are thinner than the US type and look like this (these are some I made on Shrove Tuesday (AKA as Pancake Day) earlier this year. I voted pancakes as I love this type. They don't contain sugar and can be served with sugar, jam etc. or with savoury fillings.

fullsizeoutput_2c16.jpeg

Shrove Tuesday is the best. Good Point about how pancakes are different around the world. I consider the thinner ones crepes which I LOVE because its usually filled with a cheese and fruit filling.

Pancakes topped with butter and Vermont maple syrup for camping trips, and waffles surrounding a sandwich of Neopolitan ice cream for dessert on the Jersey shore boardwalk.

And I'd be remiss not to mention my mom's Norwegian pancakes (essentially crepes), filled with fresh butter, sugar, and diced, in-season fruit.

I make pancakes about twice a year (once on Pancake Tuesday). Being from UK I am not surprised that mine are very similar to @morning glory 's. I usually eat them with lime juice and a little sugar and rolled up.

wednesday-2 s.jpg

Waffles are not something that I cook myself but there is a lady who has a food cart in town who cooks them. My favourite would be the banana one because it's not very sweet.

Good point. In the UK pancakes are thinner than the US type and look like this (these are some I made on Shrove Tuesday (AKA as Pancake Day) earlier this year. I voted pancakes as I love this type. They don't contain sugar and can be served with sugar, jam etc. or with savoury fillings.

View attachment 19456

They look like crepes! :wink:

Call me old fashioned but I'm a pancake guy, but get this, a generation thing, my daughter loves and makes waffles, then my granddaughter who's 9 loves crepes, we bought crepes pre cooked in a packet frozen, she went nuts over crepes, her new fave dessert. I guess we are all different. I grew up with pancakes served with golden syrup and sugar. And ice cream. I love flipping them.

Russ

I like wafffles more than pancakes but eat more pancakes cause they are an easier cleanup plus i just recently got a waffle maker and i don't think I will win any waffle maker of the year prize. I love strawberry waffles and i really like chocolate chip pancakes with cinnamon sugar.

plus i just recently got a waffle maker and i don't think I will win any waffle maker of the year prize.

:giggle: I've got some Scandinavian rosette irons which I've yet to use - quite different from the waffles we are talking about in this thread. The finished result should turn out like this!

image.png

I love chocolate pancakes. I honestly just take regular pancake batter and pour in a lot of Hershey chocolate sauce. Once I finish cooking them I put melted butter, strawberries chocolate sauce and whip cream on them. LOL. Not really breakfast but it satisfies the sweet tooth for me.

Back
Top Bottom