• I don't use them

Votes: 1 6.7%

• Total voters

Morning Glory

Obsessive cook
Staff member
Local time
8:24 PM
Do you use paper towels in the kitchen? I confess I'm completely flagrant with them and feel rather guilty. I use them for mopping spills, wiping out pans, wiping surfaces etc. When I was a kid they didn't even exist and obviously we don't really need them. Do you use them? Would you give them up?

Guilty as charged here.

We go through a large roll about every 2 days. Like you, they are used for just about anything that a dish towel would do.

It's a lot more sanitary, but terribly wasteful.

Guilty as charged here.

We go through a large roll about every 2 days. Like you, they are used for just about anything that a dish towel would do.

Glad its not only me! I'm going to attempt a 'towel free day' tomorrow and report back.

We use them a lot.

Mopping up spills, cleaning up cat sick, as serviettes, I even use them for eating hot food (e.g. spring rolls/samosas) and they come in very handy for cleaning one's face during eating a messy burger (I have a shower after it's finished).

[Edit: draining fried food also].

Last edited:
We use them a lot.

Mopping up spills, cleaning up cat sick, as serviettes, I even use them for eating hot food (e.g. spring rolls/samosas) and they come in very handy for cleaning one's face during eating a messy burger (I have a shower after it's finished).

So how on earth did we cope before they were invented? Would you be up for a challenge to do a 'paper towel free' day?

So how on earth did we cope before they were invented? Would you be up for a challenge to do a 'paper towel free' day?

You may remember that we had dishcloths. We don't have any now so a "paper towel free day" would be very inconvenient.

You may remember that we had dishcloths. We don't have any now so a "paper towel free day" would be very inconvenient.

Don't you have dishcloths? We still can buy them here. I also use old face flannels which are great for mopping. I am going to do this tomorrow... I am probably just bored and in need of excitement.

Guilty as charged here.

Are you up for the challenge of trying to go one day paper towel free? As I said, I think I'm in need of excitement...

I never really thought about it. I do have a lot of glass, like dining room table, mirrors, coffee table, end tables. Mostly I go through a lot of sponges. They seem to get dirty so quickly.

I use them when prepping food & to dry the dishes after they are washed. :wink:

Last edited:
Are you up for the challenge of trying to go one day paper towel free? As I said, I think I'm in need of excitement...

I could very easily accompish it. My wife and son are a different story.

My son pulls off three or four paper towels just to dry his hands after washing them before dinner.

I am becoming my father in that I walk around the house turning off lights, turning the heat or a/c lower, and generally complaining about wasteful or untidy practices.

I have cats so yes I use them,sometimes more than others depending if a cat has a issue or not that day. I also wash my dishes with a paper towel. I just think they are my sanitary than reusing a sponge or cloth. But i dry my hands on a dish cloth specially hung on the stove handle for that purpose and since i am the only one that uses it i know when to toss it in the wash.

Hmm, we have 4 cats, 3 parrots, and a turtle.

If it weren't for paper towels, we might as well spread leaves and forest moss on the floor and just go with it.

Hmm, we have 4 cats, 3 parrots, and a turtle.

If it weren't for paper towels, we might as well spread leaves and forest moss on the floor and just go with it.

I have often thought saw dust might make a nice for covering...aromatic and all.

Back
Top Bottom