IMG_0890a.jpg

Partridge Roulade

Ingredients

1 partridge breast, skinned
1 tbsp thick cream
½ tsp mace
1 thin slice Proscuitto ham, or similar

Method

Blitz the partridge, cream and mace in a food processor. Place the slice of ham on a piece of cling film. Spoon the partridge mix onto the ham and roll the ham up to form a sausage, encasing the partridge mix. Twist up the cling film, fully encasing the roulade. By twisting the ends of the film in opposite directions you will ensure an even shape. Refridgerate for at least one hour, but it will keep for a day or so.

When required, drop the roulade, still rolled tightly in the cling film, into a pan of boiling water. Boil for 10 minutes, then remove and allow to rest for 5 minutes. Carefully unravel the cling film to reveal the roulade. Slice and serve.

This can be served as a side to a main dish, or as a warm canapé. Alternative game can be substituted, and the mace can be replaced with other flavours to match the meat. Other ingredients can also be added (nuts, fruit etc.).

Excellent. Thank you for posting. It looks so impressive! I'd forgotten all about roulades which are actually easier to make than people often think. In my experience, cling film is an absolute necessity - I really I don't know how classic French chefs made roulades before it was available.

Back
Top Bottom