Pasta Machine

detroitdad

Legendary Member
Local time
4:50 AM
I'm contemplating getting one of these babies. I'm getting all excited with the pasta challenge thread lol.

Budget:

$50.00 bucks (is that even possible to get a decent one)?

I'm going to link a few off of Amazon. I don't know anything at all about these fwiw. Please post any comments or suggestions. Also feel free to add a link to a different machine.

https://www.amazon.com/Machine-Impe...-1-spons&keywords=imperia+pasta+machine&psc=1

Over my budget, but looks cool lol

https://www.amazon.com/Imperia-Ipas...5390662&sr=8-5&keywords=imperia+pasta+machine

Over budget

https://www.amazon.com/Imperia-Past...5390714&sr=8-6&keywords=imperia+pasta+machine

After briefly looking at Amazon. It appears that there aren't many under my pre determined budget of 50 bucks.

Thoughts?

Thanks in advance.

B

The first imperia for 39.95 looks like the one I have. You just clamp it to the countertop and crank. I tried the electric plug-in pasta machine years ago from Ron Popeil. The problem was the pasta never extruded, and sound of the motor would wake the dead.

Well if you are going to be doing it by yourself, you definitely want a clamp and I'm not sure the first one has a clamp. I may have missed it, but I don't see a clamp listed. The second one does have a clamp. We hardly ever use the attachments ours came with, just never got used to using them. I guess we should pull them down and see what they are again. I do remember the ravioli attachment was a fail. Filling got everywhere and the raviolis didn't seal so we never tried to use that again.

Oh, BTW, I've found that sitting the machine on a folded dish towel, then clamping it down makes it more secure and also protects the surface of whatever you are clamping to.

Well if you are going to be doing it by yourself, you definitely want a clamp and I'm not sure the first one has a clamp. I may have missed it, but I don't see a clamp listed. The second one does have a clamp. We hardly ever use the attachments ours came with, just never got used to using them. I guess we should pull them down and see what they are again. I do remember the ravioli attachment was a fail. Filling got everywhere and the raviolis didn't seal so we never tried to use that again.

What brand pasta machine do you use that you prefer?

Last edited:
I think it's an Imperial. We've had it for 20+ years. It's in a high kitchen cabinet and I can't reach it right now.

They all work pretty much in the same way but I'm surprised that the price is so high. I didn't pay that much. This one is $27.58 UK price.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Sailnovo-S...736&sr=1-2-spons&keywords=pasta+machine&psc=1

One thing to consider is whether you have a suitable kitchen counter or table top on which to clamp it. They have to be very firmly attached using a G clamp (that is what I call it!). I find I don't use mine as often as I might because in order to attach it I have to pull out a kitchen drawer.

96213678-3bf1-4891-ba9f-0a7a06f46977_1.d5d142fe3ee9ed9d2f07586d4c938af0.jpg

I bought this one from Walmart for $25. I've made dozens of batches of pasta with it, and it's still going strong. You definitely don't need to buy an expensive one. Best of all, you can probably stop into any Walmart and buy one off the shelf today. That's what I did when I got mine.

96213678-3bf1-4891-ba9f-0a7a06f46977_1.d5d142fe3ee9ed9d2f07586d4c938af0.jpg

I bought this one from Walmart for $25. I've made dozens of batches of pasta with it, and it's still going strong. You definitely don't need to buy an expensive one. Best of all, you can probably stop into any Walmart and buy one off the shelf today. That's what I did when I got mine.

Good advice. This image shows the clamp quite clearly @detroitdad - so you can consider how it would fit onto your counter.

It's funny that you mentioned Walmart. I did a search lyesterday under pasta maker and several reasonably priced brands came up. If you spend $35 or more they will ship it right to your door for free. Most items arrive in in about 2 days, depending on if it's shipped from Walmart. There is a machine that comes with about 5 attachments for ravioli etcetera Etc. It's about $40. I would have bought that one, even though mine was about $30 or under. I usually read the reviews. Sometimes they are helpful.

Last edited:
These days, I buy practically all household items online through Walmart. I don't know how they manage to ship almost everything to your front door within 2 days and with free shipping.

I also saw the automatic pasta maker for about for about $50. I bought the same machine about 30 years ago and it cost me $100. Unfortunately, it didn't work for me, and I think I'd much prefer cranking it by hand so I can make the embedded herb pasta Etc.

Back
Top Bottom