Recipe Pastel de Tres Leches (Three Milk Cake)

theizzman

Veteran
Local time
12:07 PM
Website
www.youtube.com
dsc_0806[1].jpg

• 6 eggs, separated
  • 1 cup white sugar
  • 1 cup all-purpose flour
  • 1 tablespoon baking powder
  • 1/2 cup milk
  • 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
  • 1 cup heavy whipping cream
  • 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
  • 1 (12 ounce) can evaporated milk
  • 1 cup whipped cream (optional)
  • 1 cup sliced fresh strawberries (optional)

• Prep

25 m
  • Cook

25 m
  • Ready In

1 h 50 m
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
  2. Grease a 10x15-inch baking dish.
  3. Beat egg whites in a large mixing bowl with an electric mixer on high until stiff peaks form; gradually beat in sugar until mixture is glossy. Beat in egg yolks, one at a time, combining each yolk before adding the next. Reduce mixer speed to medium and add flour, about 1 tablespoon at a time, to the mixture, beating continuously; beat in baking powder, milk, and vanilla extract. Pour batter into prepared baking dish.
  4. Bake in the preheated oven until cake is lightly browned and a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean, about 25 minutes. Let cake cool for 15 minutes.
  5. Pour 1 cup cream, sweetened condensed milk, and evaporated milk in a blender and pulse several times until well blended. Pour three-milk mixture evenly over the cake. Refrigerate cake until cold and the milk mixture has soaked in, at least 1 hour.
  6. Cut in squares and top each serving with a dollop of whipped cream and a few sliced strawberries. Refrigerate leftovers.

Looks great but I am always the first let people know I am afraid of all the decorating. I am yet to do something with any flare. I guess I fear most of the toppings might end up on the floor or counter. These cakes call for the kind of skill and patience I am yet to acquire. Nice looking cake though.

Very nice looking cake and very well presented! I am not much of decorator either. I try but it never comes out looking as pretty as this one does. It does sound good though and who doesn't love strawberries?

This cake sounds delicious and looks so beautiful! I love strawberries with almost any dessert. This would be the perfect dessert to enjoy while sitting out in my porch swing on a sunny afternoon. :)

Back
Top Bottom