Picky eater/special diet: Vegetarian recipes for extremely foodphobic picky eater

PhoebeTheSuperhuman

Local time
7:46 AM
Hi. I have a psychology assignment to do and it must be due next week. I have a client who is an extremely foodphobic picky eater. He doesn't like meat, feta cheese, lettuce, kale, egg yolks (he likes egg whites) cabbage, tomatoes, raw carrots, raw whole broccoli, cauliflower, asparagus, Mexican and Chinesee spices/seasonings, and seafood. He might be allergic to tofu/soymilk but he can have some traces of soy. No milk, cheese, salt or sugar because he is on the Paleo diet. He loves spinach, onions, smoothies, Greek Yogurt, bananas, almonds, raisins, flatbread, and occasionally ham. PLEASE help me and my patient out very soon!

Oh and he also loves pasta and rice, but thats practically all he eats. Also, his doctor said that it is mandatory that he has variety. He eats the same 7 or so foods regularly, most of them very unhealthy.

Last edited:
How about fish (or is that included in seafood)? What about chicken? There are so many things he doesn't like that its hard to give any advice here. What exactly are you being asked to do in this assignment?

I can think of a few things straight off:
  • Egg white omelets consisting of 2 or 3 of the following: spinach, onion, and ham
  • I see no restrictions about different kinds of bread or things like pie crusts. This means that the omelets could be repackaged as quiches or frittatas.
  • A variety of breads could also be baked (banana-almond bread, raisin bread, etc.), but they'd be pretty bland tasting because sweeteners aren't allowed.
  • The flatbread options are limited, but it could be served with a tzatziki sauce (from the yogurt).
  • Pasta and rice can be done with the only 2 vegetables he seems to like (spinach and onion), along with olive oil (I don't see any limitations regarding oils).
Some of the restrictions need some clarification:
  • "He doesn't like meat" but he apparently is okay with "occasionally ham". How often is "occasionally"? I'm guessing not every meal or every day.
  • "His doctor said that it is mandatory that he has variety" will need some definition: how much variety? Do we need to plan a whole week of 3 meals a day, all of them different?

How about fish (or is that included in seafood)? What about chicken? There are so many things he doesn't like that its hard to give any advice here. What exactly are you being asked to do in this assignment?

He doesn't like fish (he can't stand the smell and in fast food restaurants is wary about cross contamination). Chicken is ok if it is fried and in nugget/tender form at fast food restaurants. He is forced to give up fast food. I want to provide this man recipes to better his life as his parents are forcing him to change his diet or else he will get kicked out of his house. As a psychology student, I often help others cope with struggles.

I can think of a few things straight off:
  • Egg white omelets consisting of 2 or 3 of the following: spinach, onion, and ham
  • I see no restrictions about different kinds of bread or things like pie crusts. This means that the omelets could be repackaged as quiches or frittatas.
  • A variety of breads could also be baked (banana-almond bread, raisin bread, etc.), but they'd be pretty bland tasting because sweeteners aren't allowed.
  • The flatbread options are limited, but it could be served with a tzatziki sauce (from the yogurt).
  • Pasta and rice can be done with the only 2 vegetables he seems to like (spinach and onion), along with olive oil (I don't see any limitations regarding oils).
Some of the restrictions need some clarification:
  • "He doesn't like meat" but he apparently is okay with "occasionally ham". How often is "occasionally"? I'm guessing not every meal or every day.
  • "His doctor said that it is mandatory that he has variety" will need some definition: how much variety? Do we need to plan a whole week of 3 meals a day, all of them different?

-He doesn't like meats that are not offered at fast food restaurants and are hard to gnaw.
-Variety means different choices with different ingredients, usually for lunch and dinner. Breakfast is quite easy for planning. However, we need to check first if he is indeed allergic to tofu/soy.

He doesn't like fish (he can't stand the smell and in fast food restaurants is wary about cross contamination). Chicken is ok if it is fried and in nugget/tender form at fast food restaurants. He is forced to give up fast food. I want to provide this man recipes to better his life as his parents are forcing him to change his diet or else he will get kicked out of his house. As a psychology student, I often help others cope with struggles.

Ok, it sounds like he grew up eating fast food. You want to provide recipes for him. My question is, does he know how to actually cook a meal?

-He doesn't like meats that are not offered at fast food restaurants and are hard to gnaw.
-Variety means different choices with different ingredients, usually for lunch and dinner. Breakfast is quite easy for planning. However, we need to check first if he is indeed allergic to tofu/soy.

You're in Texas, the BBQ brisket capital of the world and he won't eat it? Usually the brisket is ready by the time the doors open. Beside the wait in line, I would consider that fast food, along with the sausage. burnt ends and sides, no gnawing required.:okay:

The individual could have pasta with cooked chopped ham and cooked chopped broccoli and onions. If they are able to have oil and Italian seasonings they could make a dressing or the pasta. Even a tomato based sauce. For breakfast yogurt and bananas are always a good pairing. I hope this helps.

What about introducing hidden food. Not that it is really hidden but mixed so he doesn't really taste it. Like i know i should eat carrots but i am not a fan of carrots so when i make mashed potatos i boil a carrot too and mash it up in the potatos...i can't taste much of a difference yet get my carrot....now there is no way to hide broccolli or celery...i know i have tried but the flavors or textures are just too prevalent.

Back
Top Bottom